27

Rich groaned loudly. He had a pounding headache that seemed to worsen by the second. He really didn't want to open his eyes, he knew if he did some blinding light might make his head worse. He took a few deep breaths preparing himself for that light. He opened his eyes slowly to be greeted with... nothing. There was nothing. He looked around and saw nothing. Just darkness.

"Hello?" Rich called getting up from the pitch black floor "anybody there?"

There was no answer.

"Please anybody!" Rich called once again "is anybody out there."

"Well I almost wasn't."

Rich flinched at the sound of the voice. He turned around to be greeted with his squip. Evil Kermit.

"What do you want?" Rich growled.

He was terrified really. That thing had made him miserable for years but he had to be strong. He couldn't let his squip get to him ever again.

"Right now?" The squip pondered "probably a nap."

"Christ" Rich breathed out "I can't believe your back."

"I never really left Rich" The squip sighed "it's been painful really I'm not the spring chicken I once was."

"Clearly" Rich rolled his eyes.

"One that's offensive and I have raised you better-"

"You didn't raise-"

"Two this isn't good news for you either."

"Explain" Rich folded his arms.

"I was getting to that" the squip said.

"Not fast enough" Rich continued to bicker.

"Oh I missed this bickering did you?"

"Shut up!" Rich insisted.

"Ouch words hurt Rich but I'll continue because your glaring at me and not gonna lie it's scary. Long story short you remember when you burned down your boyfriend's house right?"

Rich's glare only worsened "what about it?"

"Well you were in a coma like a bad one man and you were in this very same place."

"I don't remember any of that" Rich tested.

"Yep because you were unconscious I mean it was only like what two weeks?"

"How come I'm awake now then?" Rich ignores Kermit's question.

"Duh because it's been two and half weeks and you've finally woke up."

"It's been two weeks!" Rich exclaimed.

"And a half yes but that isn't the worst part" The squip continued with his explanation "back when you burned down the house I managed to pull you out of the coma but it took a lot of energy out of me."

"Why should I care about your energy?" Rich scoffed.

"Because Richard I can't pull you out of this one. We're stuck here."

Rich's hard expression fell, his arms dropped to his side and he couldn't seem to form a single sentence.

"Rich?"

"There has to be a way" Rich muttered.

The squip lay down on the hard, dark floor "believe me I wish there was."

"So I'm stuck here until I wake up naturally?" Rich asked.

The squip sighed "actually there's like a zero point one percent chance of that happening."