18

Rich opened the door to find Jake standing there smiling with his hands tucked into his hoodies pockets. Rich stepped aside to let Jake into his house. Jake awkwardly side stepped into  the house and Rich shut the door behind them. Rich peered around a bit.

"Oh Hey Jake" Rich smiled and hesitated a bit afraid his next comment would come off as mildly rude "um... I don't mean to be a doosh but aren't Jeremy and Michael supposed to be with you."

Jake shrugged "yeah but they both have massive hangovers from getting way to drunk and high by themselves in Michaels basement last night."

Rich snorted "it sounds like them."

"Plus" Jake added "I think Jeremy's ass is sore after they had sex last night."

"Still not used to it eh?" Rich laughed sitting down on the couch.

Jake followed his lead and laughed along with him "I guess not."

"So I guess it's just you and me today" Rich have an awkward laugh his eyes darting the side not wanting Jake to see the look in his eyes.

I light blush brushed onto Jake's cheeks "well yeah I guess it is."

There was a bit of awkward silence as the two tried to think of something to say. Anything really. Still the two best friends hadn't got a clue what they could muster up at the moment. A few seconds of awkward glance and twiddling thumbs Rich finally spoke.

"So what do you want to do today?" Rich asked.

"I don't really mind" Jake frowned trying to think of an idea of what they might do.

Rich looked down at his lap "yeah I don't really know either."

The two sat in thought when Jake got hit with an idea.

"Hey!" Jake was suddenly full of life and was practically bouncing up and down on the spot "you know what we haven't done in awhile?"

Rich shook his head "um... I don't know actually."

Jake beamed "swimming!"

Rich raised an eyebrow "swimming?"

"Duh!" Jake seemed so excited at the thigh of this "we used to go all the time!"

Rich frowned trying to recall "when?"

"When we we're k-" Jake stopped himself before he could finish.

Rich's still hadn't remembered anything from the childhood the two spend together. 

So instead Jake said "you know what I was actually thinking of someone else but the point is swimming would be so much fun."

Rich nodded slowly "I mean I guess it wouldn't be too bad."

Jake stared at him with puppy dog eyes, pleading.

Rich rolled his eyes and snorted "fine, alright we'll go swimming."

Jake threw his hands up in the air in triumph. Rich smiled at his friends grinning face.

"I presume you didn't bring your trunks" Rich sighed "and your way to tall qfor mine."

Jake shrugged "my house is on the way to the pool we can just make a quick stop."

Rich was about to ask about Jake's parents permission but he stopped and bit his lip when he remembered that they were on the run.

"Alright let me pack a quick bag first" Rich jumped off the seat an made his way to his room.

Jake hesitantly followed him. When he entered Rich was backing a small bag with his trunks, sunscreen, towels, hair brush and some money just in case.

Jake chuckled slightly at the hairbrush.

Rich glared at him "what? You think my hair comes naturally like this."

Jake laughed as Rich quickly ran to the kitchen to grab some bottles of water and then stuffed them into his bag.

"And done" Rich smiled "let's go."

They two left the house and climbed into Jake's car groaning at the heat of it.

"Jesus it's roasting" Rich sighed fanning himself with his hand.

Jake started the car and nodded "good day to go to the pool then."

"I guess" Rich rolled down his window.

Jake started to drive off towards his house and the pool. Rich stuck his head out the window slightly to let the breeze blow against his face. Jake smiled at him while still trying to keep his eyes on the road. Quickly they reached Jake's house and Jake hopped out.

"Give me a sec" Jake said while turning to go inside.

Rich smiled "I got all the time in the world."

Rich heard Jake's soft laugh as he watched him go. After awhile of drumming his fingers against the headboard and daydreaming about Jake Rich saw Jake emerge from the house. He threw his bag into the backseat and got in the car. Without a word the too took off just enjoying each other's presence. They cheered once the drove into the pool's parking lot.

The two grabbed their bag from the backseat and made their way to the changing rooms. As Rich changed into his swimming suit he cringed at all his burn marks that covered his body. They had quickly become Rich's biggest insecurity. He had been going to speech therapy about his stutter so that didn't both him much anymore but his scars. Well he couldn't really just cover himself with foundation.

Rich was starting to regret coming to the pool in the first place but he sucked it up and exited the changing room cubical.

Jake was leaning against the wall waiting when Rich walked out. As Jake turned to look at him Rich's body took his breath away. Rich could say the same about Jake. Jake admired him when he realised that Rich wasn't standing up as tall as he usually did. Jake knew that Rich's lack of eye contact meant his was insecure. Jake's eyebrows furrowed as he walked up to him.

"Hey Rich" Jake said.

Rich looked up after awhile.

"You're gorgeous remember that okay?" Jake smiled softly.

Rich's eyes widened "J-Jake?"

Shit there was the stutter.

"Okay?" Jake said again placing a hand on Rich's hip.

Rich's breath hitched, was this really happening.

"Okay" Rich matched Jake's smile.

They gazed into each other's eyes not sure what their next move was.

Suddenly a man burst into the changing rooms. The two jumped apart and the man walked in between them scratching his ass.

"Well" Jake coughed awkwardly "Pool?"

Rich nodded "Pool."
———————————————————

Guys! We hit 1k reads! Oh my god you guys can't even tell how happy I am right now. Thank you so much!

Also sorry this is late I was away with no WiFi so I couldn't post but I could write.