3

Rich wiped his tears quickly and unlocked the stall door not sure who he was going to find there.

Once he opened it he saw Michael standing there.

"Michael?" Rich questioned "w-why are y-you here?"

"Well when I saw you run in here you seemed pretty upset" Michael explained "so I came here to see if you were okay and to comfort you."

Rich titled his head "Why? I was such a jackass to you before."

Michael smiled "I just know what it's like to feel alone."

Rich smiled back.

"Oh and don't worry you won't loose any of your popularity no one saw me come in here" Michael assured.

Rich gave a dry laugh "oh my popularity is long gone and to be honest I couldn't give a shit all I really want is good friends."

Michael grinned "well then Rich will you do me the honours of being my friend" Michael stuck out his hand for Rich to shake.

Rich chuckled "sure mate."

Rich shook Michaels hand.

"So" Michael sat up on the counter where the sinks were "why did you run out of that hall crying."

Rich sighed "like you said I felt alone I feel like suddenly I don't really fall into any of the cliques."

Michael nodded "it must be strange not having a squip anymore."

Rich froze "h-how d-did you know about that?"

"I was with Jeremy when he bought it, he told me he got the advice from you" Michael told Rich.

Rich sighed "I feel bad for telling him to get that thing."

Michael shrugged "Well your squip told you to."

"The squip told me to do a lot of things" Rich responded.

"What did yours look like?" Michael questioned.

Rich began to laugh at how stupid it was.

"What?" Michael asked.

Between laughs Rich giggled "evil Kermit."

Then Michael was laughing to "dude that's epic."

The laughter stopped after two minutes.

"So" Rich started again "Jeremy and Christine and together after him chasing after her for years."

Rich saw jealously flash in Michaels eyes "ya they are" Michael grunted.

Rich smirked "you've gotta thing for tall ass don't you?"

Michaels face flushed "w-what no w-what m-makes you think t-that."

"First of all" Rich started "how flustered you are right now, second of all it is no secret the way you look at him and third of all you risked everything to save him at the play."

Michaels eyes widened "you heard about the play?"

Rich nodded "you know high school word gets around."

Michael sighed deeply "it's not that I'm not happy for him you know, all I want is for him to be happy it's just so painful to see those two together I feel like such a third wheel."

"I understand when Jake dated Chloe I felt the same" Rich told Michael.

Michaels eyes widened "YOU LIKE JAKE!"

Rich shook his head violently "n-no I j-just f-feel like a t-third wheel ar-" Michael started wiggling his eyebrows "SHUT IT!"

Michael laughed "I didn't say anything Rich."

Rich huffed like a four year old and crossed his arms while Michael continued to laugh almost toppling over.

Suddenly Jake burst through the bathroom door "Rich!" he called but then saw Michael dying of laughter falling to the floor with Rich by his side.

"Jake!" Rich smiled "whats up."

Jake seemed to be questioning everything that was happening at that moment "nothing much I was just looking for you are you okay?"

Rich nodded as Michael finally began to calm down "how did you know I was in here?"

"Jeremy told me you ran in here with tears in your eyes" Jake put his hand on Rich's shoulder causing Rich's heart to flutter for unknown reasons "are you sure you're okay."

Rich nodded "I wasn't but now I'm sure."

Jake smiled warmly.

"GAY!" Michael screeched while getting off the floor only to be pushed down again by Jake and Rich.

"What its the truth" Michael giggled.

"Go fuck yourself" Jake joked.

"Or fuck Jeremy" Rich teased.

Michaels face turned bright red "Oh your going to get it now Rich."

Rich shoved Jake in front of him "protect me Jake."

Michael scrambled off the floor as Rich dashed out the door suddenly not caring about the people around him.

Michael ran out after him leaving Jake by himself before he casually walked out of the bathroom using his crutches snickering.

Everyone watched Michael chase Rich around but the two boys couldn't care any less.

Jeremy laughed at Michael with Christine. Christine looked up at Jeremy seeing something in his eyes. Something she recognised. He used to look at her like that. She saw love in his eyes as he stared at Michael.

Christine wasn't surprised they had been drifting apart lately but she couldn't jump to a conclusion. She decided to wait for more evidence before talking to Jeremy about it.

The bell rang signalling everyone to go to class. Rich finally stopped running and Michael caught up to him.

"Come on let's go to class" Michael said.

"The amount of shit I'm going to have to catch up on" Rich groaned.

Michael patted him on the back "don't worry Rich Jeremy and I will give the answers."

"Jeremy?" Rich asked.

"Yep" Jeremy came up from behind them.

"Oh hey Jeremy" Michael grinned "where's Christine?"

"She went off with Jenna said she needs to talk to her about something" Jeremy answered.

Rich raised his eyebrows "She better be careful Jenna gossips like it will kill her if she doesn't."

Jeremy shrugged "I told her that but she says she trusts her."

Jake came up to them "leave me behind why don't ya."

"Sorry Jake" Rich apologised "you snooze you loose."

"Shut up" Jake huffed.

"Your acting like a child" Rich pushed Jakes buttons.

"Well at least I'm not as short as one" Jake smirked.

Rich turned red "Hey! I'm not small maybe your just tall."

Jake shook his head "Nope your just short."

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"GAAAYYY" Michael and Jeremy screamed.

"I swear to god guys" Rich hissed.