19

Jake sprinted out into the open air. Rich followed behind him hesitant to go where everyone would see his body still he followed Jake out.

Rich laughed loudly as Jake howled "Canon ball!" As he jumped into the pool splashing people around him.

The lifeguard rolled her eyes on her high spot obviously not bothered to tell Jake he wasn't allowed jump in.

Rich watched laughing as Jake emerged from the water shaking his hair like a wet dog.

"RICH!" Jake yelled "Come in the waters great."

Rich looked around as people stared and pointed him. Granted most of them were little kids still it hurt Rich. Jake noticed Rich looking around and his heart broke knowing how insecure Rich was. Jake thought for a moment of what he could do.

With a blushing face Jake once again yelled "Hey hot stuff are you coming in or what."

People stared But Jake didn't care he really just wanted to get Rich to think better off himself. Rich blushed brightly but suddenly his spirits were lifted up. Rich ran and jumped into the pool landing beside Jake. He emerged from that water his wet hair falling over his face.

Jake smiled "glad you finally joined me."

Rich matched the expression "I could say the same."

Jake watched and laughed and Rich kept pushing the hair out of his face only for it to fall on back on it.

"Oh shut up" Rich huffed as the wet hair fell over his eye.

"Make me" Jake snickered.

Rich tried to tackle him until the water but since Jake was so much taller he just held Rich up. Rich kicked his legs and flailed his hands in protest.

"Let me go you animal" Rich yelped although he was holding in his laughter.

Jake raised an eyebrow "I'm sorry weren't you the one who tried to attack me."

"Well that was your fault asshole" Rich stopped struggling and was just held up in the air by Jake.

There was silence for a moment before Jake just dropped Rich into the water "oops" he chuckled.

Once Rich reached the surface of the water he growled at Jake "I fucking hate you."

"Oh so that's what you call it now" Jake laughed.

Rich crossed his arms "you know sometimes I wonder why I am friends with you."

Jake nodded still laughing "relatable sometimes I wonder why I put up with myself."

Rich frowned and his eyebrow furrowed "Hey! Don't put yourself down only I am allowed to make fun of you."

Jake smirked "oh really?"

"Yeah" Rich nodded.

"Dork" Jake chuckled as he pushed Rich's head under the water.

Rich pushed his hand off and huffed "I hate being short."

Jake smiled "aw but it suits you Rich" he then sighed "I'm going deeper."

Jake swam away going deeper and deeper into the deep end. Rich tried to follow but the deeper it got that harder it was for him.

Jake turned his feet still touching the bottom of the pool. He noticed Rich was out of his depth and grabbed onto him. Rich being terrified out of his mind latched onto Jake. He wrapped his arms around his neck and legs around his waist. He was to scared to comprehend his embarrassment. Jake gasped as his face went bright red as Rich hugged him close.

Jake smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around Rich protectively "you okay Rich?"

Rich nodded but he nuzzled his head into Jake's shoulders. Jake had a loving, caring smile plastered across his face. Jake scoffed as people stared at them in disgust, shielded their kids eyes and some even got up and left.

"Fucking homophobes" Jake muttered.

When he looked up at the lifeguard she was smiling in her seat giving them a thumbs up. Jake gave her the smile back happy at least one person in the pool wasn't a homophobe.

They two stayed like that for awhile Rich clinging tightly to his friend.

"Jake."

Jake hummed in response.

"I'm hungry."

Jake laughed "you want to go get something to eat."

Rich nodded against Jake's chest. Jake carried him out of the pool but when he went to put him down Rich whimpered.

"Come I'm Rich you have to get changed" Jake told him.

Rich reluctantly let go off Jake. The two went into separate changing cubicals to change. Once they were finished they drove to a small diner.

Rich and Jake entered the diner and a little bell rung from hitting the door. The two found a booth and sat across from each other.

"Hey babes" The waitress smiled at them both "what can I get for you two."

"I'll have waffles please" Rich responded.

Jake nodded "I'll have the same thank you."

She smiled "coming right up loves."

Rich sat in silence and Jake could tell something was bothering "Rich are you okay?"

Rich nodded "well um yeah it's just... sorry about that whole pool incident."

Jake laughed "Rich don't be sorry it was adorable."

Rich blushed and was about to deny his last comment but the waitress care with our waffles.

"Here you go sugar" she said as she gave them to us "here's the bill."

We ate our waffles together just enjoying each other's company.

"Do you think you could wrestle an alligator?" Rich said out of nowhere.

I snorted "What? of course not."

"I mean your ran through a fire to get to me soooooo..." Rich chuckled nervously.

"That's doesn't mean I'm some sort of superhero" I laughed.

"Well you are to me" Rich mumbled blushing.

I smiled "thanks Rich your a hero to me too."

After awhile of chatting and joking Rich sighed "I need to go to the bathroom really quick I'll pay for our waffles when I get back."

When Rich left for the bathroom Jake sneakily payed for their waffles.

Rich came back and saw that the bill had been payed "Jake it was my turn to pay asshole."

"Your welcome" Jake rolled his eyes as they exited the diner.

Once again the two climbed into the car and drove. They listened to a musical called Dear Ben Platt as they drove. Once the stopped off at Rich's house Jake walked him up to the door.

The two both wanted to prolong the evening but didn't know how. Rich though about inviting him in knowing his parents weren't home.

"Sooo" they both said simultaneously.

They both burst into a fit of laughter "um you go first" they once again spoke at the same time.

They hobbled over with laughter at how cliche and cheesy the whole thing was. Once the laughter stopped they stared into each other's eyes desperately wanting to kiss each other.
———————————————————-

Oooooooo cliffhanger.

Not really though since the next chapter is already written and posted but still...

Cliffhanger.