Chapter 11-- The story of my life

Start from the beginning

"Everything was sort of normal again. We tried to continue our lives until my father appeared in London, and decided to take me away from my mom and my sister. He believed I needed to change my environment. At first, my mom fought it, but she later changed her mind. She thought it was for the best. My sister and I were born in the United States only Louis wasn't, so she felt more comfortable letting me go there. She sat me down and to me, she trusted my dad to take care of me. He has the money and power. My dad decided to take me to Chicago with him. At the age of sixteen, my dad took me away and I started living with him, my stepmother, and my stepsister," I decided to stop there for now. I wasn't ready to tell him everything.

Liam took my hand in his.

"I still find it so hard to let go. I remember him every day. Knowing how smart Louis was, I knew he would have grown up to be successful and he would have worked in the IT field. That's why I studied hard, and I tried to accomplish his dream by becoming an expert at my job," I explained.

"One thing I want you to know for sure is that it wasn't your fault, Jane. So stop blaming yourself. And I can tell that's not all, but you need to get some sleep. It has been a long day," He said removing the hair falling on my face and tucked it behind my ear. "Thanks a lot for today," I managed to smile at him.

"You're welcome, good night" He tucked me in and left my room. I let out a deep breath and slept off.

I woke up with a serious headache, I got out of bed and took a shower. After dressing up, I walked into the kitchen, and I saw everyone in the kitchen including Liam and John.

"Good morning," I said gaining their attention. They all replied at once. We all ate breakfast together.

After breakfast, Liam and I decided to take a walk.

"Liam, can I get some days off? I need to stay with my family for at least a week. I know it's short notice, but I need this," I asked in a hopeful tone.

"Yeah sure, I understand. You can come back to work next Monday. I should be on my way back home, thousands of people are counting on me. I need to get back to work," He said.

I appreciate his kindness. I never knew he was this nice. I guess I'm really lucky I have a boss who I can consider a friend.

"Thanks a lot, I will be back on Sunday. I just need to settle things with my sister and spend some time with my family," I explained.

"You're welcome, take care of yourself. We'll be expecting you soon," He said, hugging me.

After they left, I told my mom to take me to my sister's house and she did.

We got to a very beautiful house. The foyer is huge and beautiful with lots of expensive decorations and paintings.

A cute little girl ran into my mom's arms "Grandma!" She giggled. She looks more beautiful than in the picture my mom sent to me.

Mom sent her baby picture to me years ago. I believe she's three years old now. She looks just like Julie.

"Ms. Rosy, good to see you again. I'm sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I was so busy at the firm. I had a case at hand. I couldn't escape." A tall handsome man with a deep voice said, walking towards us. "I understand Ryan. It was unexpected," He smiled at Mom and turned to face me.

"You must be Jane," He said and I nodded. "It's nice to finally meet you in person. I'm Ryan your sister's husband," He said with a smile.

I know that. I might not have attended their wedding, but I saw pictures and videos.

I can't believe I missed my own sister's wedding. I feel so ashamed. I wasn't there when she gave birth to this beautiful girl either. I guess that's why she is mad at me, and I don't blame her.