Chapter 50. A boy or girl!?

...................................

Friday 7th November, 10.30 AM:

Angie, Violetta, Olga and Ramallo were sat down on the sofa's.

"Angie, where's Dad? Your scan is an hour's time!".

"Don't worry Vilu, your Dad just popped out to the shop. He will be on his way back now".

Violetta nodded.

"So Angie! Are you excited?!" shouted Olga.

Angie smiled.

"Yeah, i'm very excited. I'm excited to see little bean again and to see if I'm carrying a little he or a little she".

"Aw Angie, I can't wait for you and Dad to come and home tell us all the news!" squealed Violetta.

"Well we haven't eve left yet haha" laughed Angie.

"I know, i'm just really really excited for you and Dad!".

Angie got up and hugged Violetta.

Olga nudged Ramallo.

"Well Ramallo, are you going to say anything to Angie? Instead of just sitting there?" asked Olga.

Ramallo stared at Olga.

"Firstly Olga..ow, that was some nudge! Secondly, of course I am".

Ramallo got up, walked towards Angie and grabbed hold of her hands.

"I hope today goes very  well for you and German. I also can't wait for the news so hurry back, I don't think I can cope with Olga for more than 2 hours".

Angie and Violetta giggled, Olga gave Ramallo the death stare.

Ramallo gulped at sat back down.

Just then German came through the door.

"Right Angie, are you ready to go?".

"German, we've got 50 minutes until it's our appointment, we have plenty of time".

"Ah well you see Angie, i've made a schedule. It will take us 35 minutes to drive to the hospital, 5 minutes to find a parking space, 5 minutes to check in at reception. That's 45 minutes, so we need to set of now in order to stay on schedule".

Violetta shook her head and sighed. As did Ramallo and Olga.

"Oh Dad.." Violetta sighed again.

Angie just giggled.

"Okay boss! fine we will go now".

Violetta laughed.

German gave Violetta a kiss on the forehead while Angie picked up her phone and bag.

Next Angie hugged Violetta.

"See you soon Vilu".

"Yeah bye Angie, bye Dad".

Everyone said their goodbyes and German and Angie walked out of the front door.

German helped Angie into the car. Then he walked round to his side of the car and got in.

"Okay Angie, let's go". German smiled.

"Yes, let's go" replied Angie as she rubbed her bump gently.

..........(car ride to the hospital)...........

xxx 35 Minutes LATER xxx

They reached the hospital.

German parked the car and once again..helped Angie out of the car.

They held hands as they walked through the entrance, down the corridors and into the ultrasound department.

They reached the reception desk where a lady was at at.

"Good Afternoon, how can I help"

"Hello erm, Mrs Castillo. I have a 4 month scan at 12.30".

The receptionist looked at the letter Angie had given her and put some details into the computer.

She nodded.

"Yes Mrs Castillo, can you please take a seat in the waiting area. A nurse will come and collect you very soon".

Angie smiled.

"Okay thank-you".

German and Angie sat down.

xxx 5 MINUTES LATER xxx

A nurse came out one of the rooms.

"Can I have Mrs Castillo please".

Angie and German got up. The nurse smiled and they followed her in to a room.

"Right Angie, since you have already had a scan. You'll know how the whole procedure works, the only different is today we can see if your having a little girl or boy. Are you wanting to find out the gender?".

Angie looked over to German, he nodded his head, then Angie did in unison.

"Okay, great. Well can you please lie down on here and lift your top up so I can put some petroleum jelly on to your stomach".

Angie laid down and rolled her top up.

"Ooo that's cold. I forgot how cold it is" said Angie as the nurse but the petroleum jelly on her stomach.

"Yeah, i'm sorry about that but don't worry it's supposed to be cold so the monitor can detect your baby's whereabout's and it's heartbeat".

Angie smiled and nodded.

German secretly smiled..

The nurse sat down beside Angie and began to move the stick in small angle movements. After a couple of seconds doing this. There was little bean up on the monitor.

"There is your baby, wow he or she has a very strong heartbeat and is very good in weight too".

Angie stared at the monitor, German had hold of Angie's hand.

"Well is little bean a little girl or boy" asked German getting to the point.

Angie raised her eyebrow.

The nurse looked over to the monitor, pressed some button to enlarge the screen.

She then turned around to face Angie and German.

"Well congratulations to you both, your little girl is doing very well".

"A girl!" shouted German.

Little tears fell from Angie's eyes.

"Wow, my little bean is a little girl. My little baby girl".

Angie smiled and German kissed her on the cheek.

German was now looking at the screen.

"That's our little girl. Our baby girl".

Angie kept a firm grip of German's hand.

They both now had tears streaming down their face.....happy tears though!

..........................................

So there you have it! Little bean is a little girl!:)