Chapter 35. A stuffed teddy (5 days until the wedding)

.........

German was in his office when Angie walked in.

"German, have you booked our honeymoon yet?".

"Yes, i'm booking it as we speak.  2 weeks in Barbados. We leave on  Saturday 18th October and come back on Saturday 1st November".

Angie smiled.

"So we leave the day before my birthday. Perfect, we will be in Barbados sunning ourselves on a beach".

"Well, I have something planned for you on the night time. I want to make sure you remember this birthday".

"German, i'm only turning 28...there's no need".

"Oh yes their is, if I want to treat my wife, I will treat my wife".

"I'm not your wife yet...but I can't wait to be".

German grinned like a Cheshire cat.

Angie was about to leave...then she turned back round to face German.

"Ah German, one other thing! Antenatal classes. I saw the leaflet you left for me on the table..well German your getting a little head of yourself. I don't start Antenatal classes until i'm 30-32 weeks pregnant. I'm only 13 weeks gone" giggled Angie.

German looked a little embarrassed.

"I'm sorry Angie, i'm just really excited and i'm even more excited at the fact it's only 3 weeks until we find out our little bean is a little girl or boy".

"German, it's alright but we haven't decided on if we are going to find out what the gender is".

German looked a little deflated.

"Oh" he answered.

Angie felt a little guilty...

"But if you want to find out the gender...that's okay with me"

German smiled again

"Are you sure Angie?".

"Yes I am sure, I suppose it's better to find out so I can start buying baby clothes. I don't know whether to buy just white and cream baby grows and vest just for now or to wait. If I wait until we find out the sex, then I can either buy blue or pink. Oh German I don't know what to do".

"Ang, go out with Vilu tomorrow and buy some white and cream baby grows. Also buy some white and cream vests. When we find out little beans gender then you can the specific colour. Okay?"

Angie nodded.

"Yes, okay".

German got up from his desk, walked towards Angie kissed her cheek.

Angie was about to leave again when German stopped her.

"Angie wait there for a minute".

"Why?".

German walked back to his desk and pulled out a gift bag.

"Here Angie". German passed her the bag.

Angie looked confused.

"Go on Angie, have a look inside".

Angie opened the bag and pulled out a stuffed teddy. It had a brown button nose.

Angie's eyes went wide as she read the gift tag on the bag.

It read; Angie, I bought this for our little bean. I hope you like it. Love German x

"Aw German, it's beautiful" tears began to fall down Angie's face.

German got up again, went straight to Angie and held her tightly.

"Angie, don't cry shhh shh. It's alright".

"German, I can't help it...it's hormones".

"I know but sh shh shh. You look very tired, I think you should go for a little sleep until dinner is ready. I will come and get you when Olga plates the food up. Okay?".

"Okay German. I love you".

"I love you too beautiful".

Angie left German's office and went upstairs. She had hold of the stuffed teddy by it's left arm.

She reached the bedroom, rubbed her eyes and yawned. She laid down on the bed looking at the stuffed teddy.

A smile appeared on her face. She began to rub her stomach gently.

"Well little bean, Mummy is going to have a little sleep as she is very tired. I love you".

Angie fell asleep instantly, she had the stuffed teddy lying next to her. She cuddled into it.

...........