Chapter 7

Jason's POV:

Shitttt it's 8:30, I must've slept in really late last night after drinking several shots with Tiffany and the guys. How could I be that stupid ? I have a game tonight that I need to be ready for.

I find myself in Rebecca's bedroom with her sleeping on my chest; according to my no strings attached rule, I tell her that despite being that type of person, I'm not the one who goes around sleeping with girls, but she doesn't mind that and goes with only making out.

I recall yesterday's events and I remember bumping into Gabriella, again, who has no idea who I am or that I even know her name.

There's something about that girl that catches my attention eventhough I know that she's not my type. She wears glasses, but last night she didn't making her look nicer than other times. She wears these hoops and I honestly don't like them because I automatically associate them with the Tiffany-type clique, who I am pretty sure is far from being Gabriella's type, and she had this lipgloss that made her lips glow in some sort of way.

And.. I have no idea why I remember these details, again.

I get out of bed quickly, take a shower and get dressed in my soccer clothes. Yes, I have some of my clothes here at Tiffany's because these nights are repeated a lot.

I don't wake her up because I'm not ready to the whole make out session, so I get into my car and drive to school as fast as I could go.

I open the gym's doors and I find the captain eyeing me from the corner like I'm about to get punched in the ass.

"Evans!" the coach calls out in anger. "You're late and you're almost past warmup time. This match is BIG and I won't accept any misconducts or failures, you know how much this means to me and how much I believe in you on this one, you and Johnson," he continued.

I nod my head, feeling furious at the name of Greg because I know that the competition always lands between Greg and I, and this season the leading universities would be attending and would be choosing one only to sign up with.

I start warm-up on my own as I've already missed it. I do my usual burpees, 10 lap runs, 5 back running, and some ab workouts.

The game starts within few minutes and I have to be all focused if I want to get this scholarship. As I do one last warm-up, I spot someone and think to myself this can't be happening, not rightnow.

It's Gabriella once more.

She has her hair up in a messy bun, her cat-eye glasses on and a camera in her hand. Let me guess, she's covering today's match.

I can't be distracted, I can't just let anything go wrong today because Coach Max and the other juries need to be impressed. I shove the thought of Gabriella away, and imagining that she's just a girl that I don't know. I actually don't know her, not entirely though.

The game starts intensely our team scores 5 points, 2 scored by me, 2 scored by Max and 1 scored by Sam. It's a tie between the two teams and a tie between Max and I as well, I need to impress the coaches, the jury and Ga.. I can't believe I'm even thinking about her now.

Stay focused!

I see the ball moving from Miles, to Johanna to Max it almost slips from his hands so I take it running by the 3-point line then I shoot. Scoring two points and marks the end of the match.

I see too many cameras heading towards me, but I'm only looking at one. The one in Gabriella's hands.

After then the team assembles, as we win one of the most important matches in the tournament. The coach then introduces me to 2 of the most infamous university juries that were recommended through NCAA, which is responsible for providing athletes with full university scholarships.

"Hey Jason, I saw you playing today and let me tell you I'm impressed you should check out our program in NYU we're sure you'd love it there," the coordinator of NYU says and that's something big because it's been my dream.

"Sure, that would be my pleasure," I say and leave quickly heading towards what's been occupying my mind.

Act cool.

"So I saw you earlier taking some shots of the match, haven't you?" I go to Gabriella as she was looking through her camera swiping through the pictures.

She seems surprised by my sudden approach.

"Uhm..yes I did," she says either hesitantly or confused.

I try thinking of a way for us to exchange numbers or anything so I say:

"Yeah, so I really want these pictures for my university application and..to also impress some other universities." This came out rather haughty.

"You know you can have them on the page when they're out right?" she replies without even looking at me.

"Yes, but like you can do it exclusively for me, come on it's a favor and I could owe you one." I say and I say it as a statement rather than an actual request.

"Fine, give me your number and I'll just send them after editing them." She says doubtful knowing I won't let her go without making her agree to sending them.

"Give me your phone then." She hands me the phone, and she has this aesthetic wallpaper of a brain.

"There you go," she takes her phone and leaves.

Why am I hung on to this girl? Why does she pop out of no where? She's not my type and she's not who I want her to be.

She leaves, not even looking through my eyes and that's the first time I feel that someone I might actually like, may not like me back. I kinda feel offended.