Chapter 1

Gabriella's POV

The alarm clock wakes me up. It's 7 in the morning and I can't be more excited for last year of highschool. It's finally senior year, i eventhough it doesn't really matter as I don't join any parties, bonfires or things highschool people enjoy doing but still going to that school one last year makes me relieved.

I head to the bathroom to take a quick warm bath that makes me now smell like coconut and vanilla and then walk over to my standing mirror. I grab a hand full of my belly wondering when will it ever go away. When will I ever feel secure? But then again I quickly shove off this thought.

I enter my room and brush my long brown hair into a ponytail and choose the largest hoodie in my wardrobe to put on.

"Gabby, you're late for school come down here for some breakfast. It's your last year!" Mom calls from downstairs and I can tell how excited she is for my upcoming college years. I rush quickly to apply some lip balm and mascara and get down.

"How do you feel about your last year and your applications for Med school?" My mom has always had that dream that I should pursue Med school. I never want to let her down so I am keen to keep my grades high in order to apply for a scholarship in one of the Ivy Leagues either Harvard or Stanford.

"I don't know, pretty much the usual. I'm going to spend my time with Eliza and Tess in the cafeteria, heading to courses together and maybe meeting up with Scotty for a while," I replied knowing what her next comment would be.

"Honey, Scott is a really nice guy, why wouldn't you give him a shot and maybe he'd mend the scars that Miles have caused?"

"Mom you know how it is with Scott, he's a really nice person and I genuinely love him and that's because he's always been around since first grade. I'm willing to keep this friendship for a long time, but only as a friendship nothing more." I answer noticing the sad look on her face knowing that she has always cherished what Scott and I have of a friendship

"Okay, come on you need to go."

I hear a car's honk and I automatically recognize it to be Tess' car. I go outside and see that both Tess and Eliza are waiting for me.

Tess has light brown skin tone that had a special glow, and brown curly hair. She's always been there for me throughout the process of getting over Miles. We're the kind of people to always fight but end up making up because we have so much to talk about.

Eliza on the other hand is the crazy one, who's up for anything, which I love the most about her. She has short black hair right above her neck and has an extra love for tattoos. Every memory she cherishes, she makes sure to have a small tattoo to remind her of that memory.

"So girls we really need to do something different that year, it's our last year," Eliza, being Eliza, always wants to try new things.

"It's been that way since sophomore year, what kind of "different" do we need to do,"I say.

"Gab, you know you don't need to be a bummer and loosen up a little bit right? that might help you be completely over Miles," Tess says.

"You know how much I've loved-" Tess interrupts..

"No, you're not saying that because we all know that during your last few months together you weren't completely yourself because he didn't give you what you deserve sis! You know what you deserve and who knows you might find it this year"

"Yeah sure, as if," I've always been okay with my body. I never had the perfect or ideal weight but I was okay with it, ever since Miles and I broke up, I've  been a total wreck and did nothing but binge eat myself day and night, which made me question the whole idea of someone falling inlove with me.

I know that both of them are right, we need to do something new and something different, but I have no idea what that is.

We enter the school, corridors are filled with different types of people, and then there's "the people". The school's known clique, a group of boys who I never had the chance to even talk to, they are the school's athletes, and their girlfriends, who are definitely cheerleaders with all the perfect bodies and so.

"What are you having for your first period?" Eliza asks.

"Chemistry class," I replied.

"We both have Literature, so meet you up in the cafeteria after we finish?" Tess adds.

"Yes sure, bye girls"

As I enter class, I spot Scott. "Scotty I've missed you," he gives me a hug and then puts my bag on the chair next to his. "How have you been? I hope you enjoyed Greece this summer!"

"It was beautiful, you must've come with me to enjoy the beautiful beaches. How have you been?" Scott asks with a tone of concern knowing I broke up with Miles during summertime.

Scott has light brown hair, light skin tone and I feel like a munchkin next to him because he's too tall. He's always been caring and was always one call away.

"I'm doing good, I'll fill you in everything after class," I answer.