Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"She's doing all right. But it won't be long," The doctor says. He leaves.

I smooth her hair from her face and pick up her left hand. I go down on one knee and place my head on her hand.

"Riley. Baby. I wish you were looking at me now. You would be laughing at me. What would you say if I asked you to marry me again? After all these years we have so much that we have achieved together," I looked up to her face. and kissed her wedding ring.

"Baby. I love you. Do you remember the day we renewed our vows? You looked breathtakingly beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off you. Then you looked between my legs and bite your lip. You had given me the hardest cock and it was uncomfortable. I watched you walk down to me. Your perfume hit me before you even stood in front of me. I was the luckiest guy on earth having you stood looking at me," I stood and then laid with her.

"Your stunning body and the love you showed me was all I needed. You were a magnet that never lost its charge. I did get jealous when other men looked at you," I was feeling her love just by having her in my arms.

"Riley, I whispered in your ear. Which made you smile then you bite your lip. I whispered. I promise you I will never grow tired of you. I didn't keep that promise. I broke the promise. Oh god, Riley please forgive me," I had tears. I had broken that trust.

I wipe my eyes and look at her. I was such a fool. How could I promise her something then break it? I got off the bed and laid Riley down. I brushed her hair and made her look beautiful not that she needed any help she was always looking beautiful. I placed her hands gently together on her stomach. I lean towards her and kiss her lips.

"Riley my love. I will miss you immensely. I love you and my heart is broken. It will be hard not seeing you. You can go on your journey and promise me you will look in time to time. Go and be an angel," I kiss her once more and place my hand on hers. I felt a warmth overtake my body and then Riley takes a deep breath. I gasped and closed my eyes for a second.

I looked back at her and her eyes twitch then open and close. She takes another deep breath. Then her breathing becomes shallow. I wouldn't let her hands go. My eyes just stayed staring at her. Her eyes twitched again.

I stood and looked over her.

"Riley. Can you hear me," I was hopeful?

"If you can hear me baby please squeeze my hand," I waited for her to squeeze. I looked down at her hands and thought I did feel something. But I couldn't have. I ring the buzzer for the doctor. I was frantic I didn't know what was happening. Her eyes twitched again.

"Wyatt. What's the problem?" The doctor asks when he walks into the room.

"Her eyes keep twitching and she opened them then they closed. She's taken a couple of deep breaths," My body was heated up and I was hoping she was going to wake up.

I watched the doctor look her over and his eyes open wide when he looks at her eyes.

"Wyatt. I need to get her down for a scan. She has brain activity which she didn't have before," I was taken back with excitement.

"Yes, please check her over," I held her hands I was not leaving her. The doctor buzzed for a nurse to come and help.

They took Riley down for a scan and I stayed in her room. I phoned her father to let him know what was going on. I didn't want to tell the children until I was absolutely sure what was going on.

Zayne showed up an hour later.

"What the hell is going on," He says and sits down in the chair.

"Riley's eyes opened, and they've been twitching. The doctor's taking her down for a scan to see if there is any brain activity. She's breathing on her own," I tell him.

He looks at me with a smile.

"My little girl could be alright after all," Zayne stands back up and walks towards me. He places his hand on my shoulder and gently squeezes. I nod.

The door opens and we look over to see who it was the nurses pushed Riley's bed back to where it needs to be. I get up and walk towards her and so does Zayne. Not too long after the doctor walks in.

"We are going to operate on Riley first thing tomorrow morning. We will prep her ready and get that tumour. She's one tough cookie. Her brain function was off the chart. Wyatt, you gave her something to hold on to and that's what she's doing," The doctor laughed and shook his head in amazement then left.

Zayne and I just looked in shock. Was it something I said or the way I held her? Or was it because I said she could go on her journey and she wasn't ready. I walked over to her and gently placed my lips to her ear.

"I am not going to give up on you. I do love you and I want you to marry me," I kissed her neck and held her hand. I was so consumed with her love I was ready for her to go.

I do know that I have to make this right and keep that promise. All the pain I felt could not measure up to losing Riley. She is my breath of fresh air and puts that smile on my lips.

I will make this right.

**********************

I know it was sad and yes I cried too

I was going to kill her off 

But guess what? I knew I would get a lot of hate mail

I hope you did like this chapter?

Thank you all for reading