Chapter Eight

WYATT    POV

I couldn't understand why Riley phoned me saying she was sorry and then hang up. I'm sitting in my office just staring at the paperwork. I'm still thinking about what Riley said.

Alex walks into my office looking overly concerned.

"Grandad just phoned me and he's worried about mum," Alex stands in front of my desk with his hands in his pockets. I thought back to the first day Alex zoomed into my office and asked if I was his daddy my heart filled with so much love and now, he's a fully grown man and walking.

"She phoned me saying she was sorry, but I don't know what she's sorry about," I look at Alex and he has a worried look on his face.

"Grandad said mum was scared that she was losing you and she lost it on the phone then she hung up,"

I grabbed my phone and dialled Riley's number, but it went to answer the phone.

"Your mother is not answering. What bike did she bring?" I asked Alex I was concerned for her safety.

"I don't know she normally comes in the limo," Alex says.

"I will go home and see if she's there. Phone your granddad to check the speedway," I say, and I just leave.

Riley, I hope you don't do anything stupid? I know this is my fault for not talking to her. I just wanted to be left alone so I could sort myself out. I have never acted like this to Riley I should never have blanked her.

I get home and go in the garage and (Bad Boy 2) is gone fuck that bike is her racing bike and it goes like fuck. My phone rings.

"Zayne,"

"What bike is she riding?"

"Her racing bike," I say and run my fingers through my hair.

"She's not at the speedway yet but I will stay for a while just in case she shows up,"

"If she does ring me," We hang up and I think of all the places she likes to go.

It's been a long time since we did anything together.

Where the hell are you, Riley. I was sitting on the steps by the front door wishing Riley would ride up the drive. I got my phone out and looked at the time. It was getting close to the time for Blake to get home and Riley wasn't here and that was so unlike her. She was always home in time. I got Angels number up and phoned her.

"Dad,"

"Angel, could you please come over and sit With Blake? I need to find your mother," I say.

"Dad mum phoned me a while ago and said she was sorry and hung up," I shot up from the step and started to pace. I was so consumed with fear.

"Angel, what time was this?"

"Before lunch,"

"Could you please watch Blake?"

"Yes, I'm on my way," I hang up and ring Alex.

"Dad have you found her yet, she did ring but I missed it and she left a voicemail saying she's sorry,"

My heart was sinking with every beat.

"Nothing yet I am going to look around I will keep in touch,"

We hang up and I punch the air.

"Riley," I shout. I look at my phone and try her number again and it rings.

"Hello," A woman says.

"I wish to speak to my wife Riley," I say.

"One moment while I pass you to the person in charge," What the hell is going on.