Chapter Twenty Four

WYATT  POV

It's been a heart wrenching few weeks. The doctors called us all to the hospital. This was the conversation I didn't want to have. I know what he's going to say, and I just can't think about it.

I had arrived at the hospital with all the children. Zayne and Dayne were here too. I gripped Blake in my arms. We were all in the room with Riley, and the machines were keeping her alive. We all knew what was happening, and it just didn't feel real.

The doctor walks in with a nurse and looks at every one of us. Ashley was even here with Grace and so were their sons. Alex was with his fiancé, Angel stood with Jared. Arial was hugging Zayne and Freya was hugging Dayne.

"It's time to turn the machines off. It will take a little while for all the oxygen to leave her body. Please take as long as you need to say your goodbyes," The doctor then turns the beeping noise down and starts turning off the machines one by one. The nurse takes out the pipe from her mouth and I just break down. My children are taken over with grief and I just could not hold it together.

I stepped closer to Riley and placed Blake on the bed beside her. I rested my head in the crook of her neck and just kept whispering how much I loved her.

My children walked towards her and they all hugged her and said their goodbyes. After they all said their goodbyes and Ashley and Grace left with the three younger children. I laid beside Riley and took her in my arms. I didn't want to leave her I wanted to be with her till she took her last gasp of air. I closed my eyes and my thoughts swirled around. I was remembering the first time I saw her and then the first time I made love to her.

I was so far gone in my dream it all felt real.

"Wyatt. Wake up you are going to be late," I hear her sweet voice. I blink my eyes open, and she was staring at me. Her beautiful smile and her gorgeous eyes. I just wrapped my arm around her and pulled her tight to me. I didn't want to let her go.

"How about we lay here all day together," I say. I push her beautiful black hair from her face and then turn her swiftly, so I was on top. She giggled. I lowered my lips and kissed her with everything that I had.

"And how will the children get fed," Her soft voice made my heartbeat faster.

"We could feed the children and send them off to school. Then you are all mine," I start to nibble at her neck, and she laughs.

"You will have to hold that thought. Till the children have left," She was playing hard to get. I still didn't want to let her go.

I roll to the side and she gets up from the bed pulls her skirt straight and her top. She walks towards the door then turns and blows me a kiss.

I open my eyes and I had tears. Riley was in my arms and I was in her hospital room. I looked at her beautiful face and kissed her warm lips. She was still holding on but what for.

"Riley. My love, I do love you. I wish you would come back to me. I am going to be so lost without you with me. The children need you just like I need you. I am sorry," I was talking to her the whole time I laid on the bed with her.

Some time had passed, and the doctor walked into the room. He looked at me holding Riley while I was laid with her on the bed.

"Wyatt. I just want to check her over," He walks towards her and I stand up. I would not let go of her hand. No matter what I would not let go of her hand.

I was holding her left hand and rubbing my thumb over her wedding ring. It was her second wedding ring. I smiled and remembered the day we stood on the beach in Hawaii and renewed our vows.