Chapter 2 Redux: Chance For Change

Start from the beginning

Ozpin: Have you lost contact with your parents?

I simply shake my head as the memories of my parents fill my head, tears start to form in my eyes as I quickly move up my glasses and wipe them away.

Ozpin: (takes notice as he quickly changes the subject) So, Miss L/N where did you learn to do things like this? (shows a recording of her and Ruby's fight against Torchwick)

Y/N: I'm self-taught. I mostly study books about self-defense and Grimm-Hunting to use as reference when I fight.

Ozpin: I see, I'm aware that you have taken on freelance jobs involved in hunting Grimm?

Y/N: I mostly use it to get Lien so I can use it to pay for my expenses.

Ozpin: Are you aware of the combat schools and their dormitories?

Y/N: I am, but I don't like fighting and I'm not really interested in becoming a Huntress.

Ozpin: Yet you choose to help Miss Rose in her fight to stop Torchwick.

Y/N: I...was worried that she might get hurt fighting alone and joined in to make sure she would be okay.

Ozpin: It's those qualities of defending others that proves you have the making of a true Huntress.

Y/N: I don't know... I'm not skilled enough for a position like that.

Ozpin: (turns to Glynda, who simply nods as he turns back to Y/N) I would like to offer you something.

Y/N: Hmm?

Ozpin: I want you to apply to Beacon Academy. By doing so instructors like Miss Goodwitch and myself can help bring out your full potential and let you become a Huntress.

Y/N: Y-You really want someone like me in your school?

Ozpin: Indeed, I'm not forcing you to take this offer but I believe if you take the first step so many lives could be saved from tragedy.

Y/N: I...(looks down in thought as the memories of her past plagues her mind) I want to grow stronger to prevent someone from experiencing the same pain I did.

Y/N: If I can really do something like that as a Huntress then...(places a hand on her necklace) I'll apply to Beacon.

Ozpin: (smiles) I see...Welcome to Beacon Academy Y/N L/N.

Y/N: (smiles as her eyes flicker from purple to pink) Thank you, sir.

3rd Person POV:

A few days pass as Y/N has officially been discharged from the hospital, she heads to her apartment building before proceeding to her room seeing it's left in the same condition she left it.

The black haired girl proceeds to gather her stuff and places them in a luggage bag, she then heads to the kitchen to make another cup of noodles for herself.

She enjoys the quick meal as she heads to the bathroom to shower, once she finishes freshening up Y/N changes into her night attire as she turns to the mirror to look at her reflection.