The hand that rocks the Mabel

"When you were here before

"When you were here before... Couldn't look you in the eye... Just... like an angel. Your skin makes me cry... You float like a feather... In a beautiful world... And I wish I was special... You are so very special... But I am a creep... I am a weirdo. What the he-"

"Emma what did I tell you about playing at night?" My father walked in and interrupted me playing.

"Not to do it" I looked to the ground.

"Another nightmare?" He asked me

"Yea" I replied not looking up.

"Look Gideon won't be happy if he doesn't sleep for 8 hours. So go back to bed and try to sleep." My father told me as he came to me and pushed me a way from the piano.

"Alright." I said as I got back into my room.

I couldn't go back to sleep. Not with him haunting my dreams. So I just stared at the ceiling. I didn't know what to do. The only thing that calmed me down was playing the piano. But since everyone was asleep at 4am I couldn't do that. The song I was playing was stuck in my head. "I don't belong here..." I sang quietly to myself still thinking about my nightmares.

------

Later that day me and Gideon were getting ready for the show we were going to do tonight. We were doing these kind of things for a while now. At first I didn't agree to play the piano in front of people but I have actually started to like it.

I sat down at my piano as the curtains opened. I looker at the crowd. Most of the people that were there were familiar to me. I knew almost everyone in town. But there were two kids about my age that I didn't recognize.

"Hello America! My name is Li'l Gideon." My brother said as he clapped his hands and doves came out of his hair. I chuckled a little. That trick never failed to make me laugh. "Ladies and gentlemen, it is such a gift to have you here tonight! ...Such a gift. I have a vision. I predict that you will soon all say, 'aww.'" He did a cute pose and the audience awed. "Hit it, Em!" Gideon said to me and so I started playing.

"Oh, I can see, what others can't see. It ain't some sideshow trick, it's innate ability. Where others are blind, I am futurely inclined. And you too could see, if you was widdle ol' me!... Come on, everybody, rise up! I want y'all to keep it going!" Gideon used his amulet to make everyone in the audience stand up. "You wish your son would call you more" he continued to sing "I sense that you've been here before. I'll read your mind if I'm able. Something tells me you're named Mabel" Gideon said to one of the girls in the crowd who looked amazed by Gideon's skils. "So welcome all ye... to the Tent of Telepathy. And thanks for visiting... widdle ol' me!" Gideon was tired by the end of the performance. He drank some water as the crowd cheered. "Thank you! You people are the real miracles!" He thanked them and went backstage as the curtains closed.