Fall Leaves and Pumpkin Carvings

Your POV
I looked at the big window where the breeze was blowing lightly on the trees. Scrooge and the kids, including Sheamus, went out to pick out some pumpkins for carving. "Mama?," Eleanor asked me as I looked down at her, "what is happening outside to the trees?" I smiled as I picked her up. "Well sweetie, when the seasons change, leaves began to fall from the trees and they turn colors from red, orange, and yellow leaves." She looked at me with sparkles in her eyes. "Can we pick some for papa?" I nodded as I grabbed our coats and gloves.

We went out to the garden and saw an abundance of leaves piling on the ground. I put Eleanor down as she went over to the leaf pile to look for some beautiful leaves and non that were broken or dead. I grabbed a basket and placed it beside her. "Mama these are some pretty leaves! Like this red one that looks like papas coat!" I chuckled at her enthusiasm and picked up a few pinecones that fell from a nearby pine tree. We got some leaves piling high in the basket and I placed them on a table for decorating. "Hang on Eleanor. I need to get the supplies to decorate for papa." She nodded and bounced around with glee. I got out safety scissors, glue, glitter, and variations of fall like paper.

We glued on the bright leaves on a brown paper and got some glitter to go on top of them. The gate to the garden opened with Launchpad bringing in a huge pumpkin. "Hello Mrs. McDuck!" I smiled at Launchpad as he set down the heavy pumpkin. "Launchpad!," Eleanor said as she got up to hug him. "Awe, hey little Eleanor!", He picked her up and spun around with her giggling. I slowly got up and rubbed my tummy with some kicks from my baby. "Launchpad! We have 9 more pumpkins in the trunk!," Scrooge yelled out to Launchpad. I took Eleanor as she smiled at Launchpad. "Pumpkins? What are pumpkins mama?" I smiled as I let her touch the big pumpkin. "They are like a squash plant that are round and we carve them to set out for Halloween."

"We can carve them?!", she said as she patted the big pumpkin with her little hands. "Of course and we light it with a candle at night." The boys brought in the rest of the pumpkins to the garden. "Oi! I'm getting too old for this," Scrooge said as he popped his back while stretching. "Papa!," Eleanor said as she hugged him tight. "Ello' wee lass," Scrooge smiled as he picked her up, "And hello to you too, lassie." I gave him a small kiss and lead him to the table. "Look at what your daughter made for you!" Scrooge smiled warmly as he saw the leaves on a paper with a white marker that read, "I love you papa. Happy Halloween." "Oh thank you both for this!" I looked around for Sheamus as he came trotting in with Uncle Donald. "Hi sweetie!" I picked him up as he cuddled with me. "Mama, I'm cold," he whimpered. "I told you to take your coat, Sheamus." He looked down and shielded his eyes. "Awe its alright sweetie. We'll make hot cocoa later. For now, lets get your coat on."

We went inside and got his coat. Once we came back out, we saw Huey, Dewey, and Louie carving out their pumpkins. Scrooge was helping Eleanor carve out a kitty. Launchpad carved out a happy face pumpkin while Donald was having some trouble getting the pumpkin seeds off his hand. I smiled at the sight as Sheamus went to a pumpkin to let us start carving. "I want a scary pumpkin, mama!" We got to work on getting the pumpkin innards out and carved out a scary pumpkin. "Lassie, be careful!," Scrooge said to me. I rolled my eyes and nodded at him as I carved out a face. Everyone's pumpkin looked great as we set them on the porch with the day nearing its end. "I got the tea lights," Mrs. Beakley said as she placed each one in the pumpkins. Huey, Dewey, and Louies pumpkin have their faces on, Webby's pumpkin had a face with a bow on top, Donald carved a mini boat on his pumpkin, and Mrs. Beakley had a traditional jack-o-lantern face.

"Alright let us light our pumpkins!," Louie said as Mrs. Beakley lit up the pumpkins one by one. Eleanor and Sheamus' faces lit up with joy. I held onto my pretty girl while Scrooge held on to our handsome boy. My eyes were wet with tears due to the joy I saw with my husband and children. After a while, Launchpad set up a fire pit to roast some marshmallows for the kids. Scrooge smiled at me as we cuddled together. "Lassie, how are you feeling"? "Good, just a bit tired from today." "Aye, and carrying around a wee baby in your tummy?" He rubbed my tummy gently, earning a kick in return. "Did the boys cause any trouble at the pumpkin patch?" Scrooge shook his head. "Just Sheamus wanting his papas coat."

I smiled as I cuddled closer to Scrooge. "You cold lass!" Scrooge took off his coat and wrapped it around my shoulders. "Darling, you'll get cold." "Bah! The cold never bothered me or my family when I was growing up." I chuckled softly as we cuddled closer, watching our children roast more marshmallows by the fire.