Working for the weekend

Your POV
I wake up the next morning, staring up at the ceiling. "Did I meet Scrooge McDuck?", I asked myself. "(Y/N)! Get down here this instant!", Scrooge shouted to me from his bedroom. I quickly got up and ran into his bedroom. "I'm here! I'm here! What is it?!" Scrooge had a pocket watch in his hand and he smiled. "0.05 seconds. Eh not bad for you first day on the job. Now my room is first to be cleaned, lass. No goofing off or leaving anything behind." He left the room while I stood around the messy bedroom. "Its going to be a long day," I sighed as I got the broom. I swept the bedroom all clean and made Mr. McDuck's bed. I brought the dirty laundry downstairs to the washer. As I waited for the clothes, I decided to make Mr. McDuck some breakfast.

I made my way to the kitchen, seeing Scrooge McDuck read the newspaper. "Lousy reporters, they dont get paid enough to report on the boring news going around Duckberg", he chuckled to himself. I made Hazelnut tea for Scrooge while waiting on the bacon and eggs to be made. I put the tea cup down along with sugar cubes and cream. Scrooge looked up briefly, putting in two sugars and a bit of Hazelnut cream in his tea cup. "What's for breakfast lass?." I blushed and responded, "Apple pancakes with eggs and bacon." Scrooge nodded in approval. I set his silverware down next to him and began to fill his plate up with his breakfast.

Scrooge put down the newspaper and took a bite of pancake. "Oh my lass, you really can cook up a hearty meal." I blushed again, bowing for Scrooge as I put my plate down next to him. We ate in silence with a few noises coming from Launchpad fixing the plane. Who knew he was a pilot and limo driver?

After breakfast, Scrooge lead me into his limo to drive to the Money Bin. I heard stories about the Money Bin and how Scrooge can actually dive into trillions of coins without injury. Scrooge and I rode the elevator to meet up with his workers, who are vultures. So far, Scrooge wasn't too happy to hear from the vultures about his expenses.

"Sir, we called this meeting for your expense on the pillow for your number one dime." Scrooge growled in annoyance. "Are you saying I shouldn't put my hard earned cash on my number one dime?!" He slotched in his chair in anger. I began to take notes about this matter. We spent about two hours discussing Scrooges expenses and who to fire at the Money Bin, which Scrooge declined anybody from being fired since they were lunatics from what I hear. My notepad that Scrooge gave me was starting to get full and I ran out to stretch my legs.

"Woah those vultures know how to make work....boring." I looked around for a notepad and Scrooge came out from the meeting room. "Lass, what are you doing? Trying to get out of work?" I shook my head. "What? No I was trying to find more notepads about how you run this place and our ways around the Money Bin." Scrooge gave me a reassuring smile. "Good lass. Take as many notepads as you want," he turned back to the vultures, "Its not like I use those either, you pennypitchin, buzzards!" I chuckled to myself as I found another notepad. Scrooge came out and told me, "But seriously use front and back of every page. And write small." We settled back into the meeting room and I wrote more notes. Scrooge was becoming more impatient, giving the vultures a frustrated expression. He came up with a brilliant idea.

"Look if you fire any of the workers, they will turn on of ye", Scrooge said, smiling in a satisfying way. The vultures shuddered at the thought and excused everything that was said. Scrooge helped me up to my feet and tipped his hat to the vultures. "A pleasure doing business with you boys. If you need me, I'll be at me office. Please don't need me." I smiled and followed Scrooge out to the limo. As we began to drive, the sky was showing a beautiful sunset. I looked over at Scrooge, who was reading his newspaper from this morning. I didn't want to bother him with the headache at the meeting, he must be exhausted.

We got to the mansion, safely by Launchpad. "Goodnight, Launchpad," Scrooge and I said together and walked into the mansion. Scrooge went over to his lounge and settled in a recliner, exhaling a breath as he did so. I grabbed my feather duster and Scrooge grabbed my wrist. "Lass, why dont you do the rest of your work tomorrow. Its getting late." I was surprised by the response and the contact from Scrooge. "But Scrooge-"
He held up his right hand. "Lass, I insist. Your arm is twitching from the excessive amount of writing. Now go relax."

I looked him in the eyes and put my feather duster to the side. "Well okay. If that's alright with you Mr. McDuck." He chuckled. "Lassie, stop with the formal greetings. It makes me feel old. Just call me Scrooge." I blushed, sitting up on the couch as Scrooge was closing his eyes. I awed at myself and threw a blanket over him. "Goodnight, Scrooge." I laid on the couch, beginning to close my eyes. Maybe working for Scrooge isn't so bad.