Baby Shower

Your POV
It has been at least five months since I was on the island and announced that I was pregnant with Scrooge McDuck's baby. I was kept on an eye watch from Scrooge ever since I came back home. I appreciate the concern, but I just want to relax and do my own thing from time to time. I got dressed in a loose dress and flat shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror with a few tears rolling down my cheeks. My baby bump was finally starting to grow big and I was happy to know that he or she is doing just fine inside my tummy, waiting for the day to be born in my arms.

Scrooge came in and saw my tears running down my cheek. "Lass! What is the matter?!," he asked as he held my shoulders. I smiled up at him and looked down at my tummy. "Oh, Scrooge, I am just so happy about becoming a mother with your baby." Scrooge let out a sigh of relief and rubbed my tummy, earning kick from the baby. "Aye, the lad is growing just fine and bless me bagpipes! He has a hard kick. Don't you hurt your mother now." I giggled at the silliness from Scrooge, hugging him as much as I can with my tummy blocking him a bit. We went downstairs to find streamers and party balloons all over the place. "Oh! Whats all this?", I asked very surprised. Louie came out from behind the fireplace. "We were thinking about throwing you a baby shower!" Scrooge's eyes watered up with tears. "Me first baby shower with my lass." I smiled and kissed his cheek. Huey pulled me to the side and asked what the gender is. I smiled as I remembered sneaking off to Duckbergs Hospital to go for an ultrasound. I whispered the gender to Hueys ear and his expression was priceless. I patted his head and told him to go back to decorating.

Scrooge looked up at the decorations from pink and blue balloons to pin the rattle on the baby poster. "You like it so far?", I asked as I rubbed his arm. "Aye, I do." Scrooge rubbed my hand against his, kissing my lips ever so gently. I let out a slight moan before realising the guest list. "Scrooge whose going to be invited?" Scrooge sighed, knowing about the last guest list made by the boys. "Hopefully nobody that will harm ye or the baby, darlin'".

Timeskip the the baby shower
All of the guests arrived with huge presents and some treats for the kids. Donald came infront me with a present that was messily wrapped. "I tried to wrap the present, but it was hard to do," he said before I gave him a hug in understanding. "Ill open yours up first." He smiled and I saw Flintheart Glomgold. "Oi! Lassie, you look good, even if its Scrooge's lad inside of ye." Scrooge overheard this and ran straight beside me. "Hello, Flinty." Flintheart and Scrooge looked at each other with anger building up. I got between them. "Boys, boys you are both pretty. Can you both let be by gones be by gones for just one day?" Flintheart smiled and nodded, "Of course lassie. I'm sorry Scrooge. Let us be friends for one day." Scrooge hastily agreed, shaking hands with Flintheart. Flintheart handed me a gift and I placed it on the table with the rest of the gifts. "Thank you, Scroogie." Scrooge smiled warmingly as he kissed my cheek.

"Alright everybody! Time for some games and we will cut the cake to reveal the genders of the baby!" I shouted and everybody went off to play some party games. I played a few games like pin the rattle on the baby poster and horseshoes. Scrooge was having a great time with his long time rival, Flintheart while they were competing for silly party games. The time was for the presents. I sat on a chair while Huey, Louie and Dewey helped bring in the presents. I opened one from Donald which was a yellow onesie with a duckie. "Oh Donald its very cute." He was very happy to hear that. I then opened one from the boys, Louie had a bottle, Dewey was a blanket with stars, and Huey was a baseball cap.

Flintheart showed me his gift which was a onesie with his face on it and binkies. "Hope the little one likes his uncle Glomgold". "Thank you so much," I said before whispering to Scrooge, "I dont want him near the baby." Scrooge nodded. The rest of the presents were beautiful and the guests were excited for cake.

I had some assistance from Scrooge to cut the cake. "Alright everybody the cake is going to be cut. The color will determine the gender of the baby." I cut the cake revealing blue and pink. The guests gasped in surprise and confusion. "I'm having twins. A boy and a girl." Scrooge's eyes widened as I served the cake to the guests. Once they were all served, Scrooge set me beside him by the fireplace. "Oh lassie, when did you sneak off from me to go to the doctor?" I blushed as I took a bite of some cake. "Oh when you were at the Money Bin." Scrooge chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Clever girl."

I smiled as I returned the kiss. Once the cake was done, everybody headed home with a bit of a commotion from Scrooge and Flintheart, but not as bad as their previous encounters. We placed the gifts in the spare bedroom beside Scrooge's bedroom. I got some tea to have to calm myself down from the excitement. Scrooge settled beside me. "Nutmeg tea? Is it safe for the lad and lass?" I nodded. "Its caffeine free." Scrooge rubbed my tummy. "Twins...Bless me kilts." I smiled at him, rubbing my head on his shoulder. "Now what will we name them?", Scrooge asked. I shook my head. "I'm not so sure. Twins being different genders." Scrooge rubbed my shoulder gently. "Don't you worry lass, the baby has a while to come. Our next adventure is our wedding day." I smiled brightly, thinking about our second big day. The first being the birth of our babies.