Feelings for McDuck?

You wake up in the same spot as last night on the couch. You glance over to Scrooge McDuck's recliner is to find him not there. The blanket you put over him is now tucked over your body, the scent of money and hazelnut still lingering on the blanket. Scrooge comes in with a tray full of bangers and mash and biscuits with jam. "Good morning lass. I wanted to make you some breakfast to start ye day right," he said as he laid the tray on your lap.

Your POV
"Scrooge made me breakfast?," I thought to myself as I blushed. "Thank you, Mr. McDuck." "Oi! I thought I told ye not to call me that." I chuckled to myself and took a bite of sausage. It tasted heavenly as the spices landed on my tongue. "This is very good." Scrooge chuckled, reading his morning newspaper. "I may not be good at taking care of my expenses, but I suppose I'm good at takin' care of your hunger."

I finished my breakfast and hurried upstairs to get dressed in my maid outfit. I took one glance in the mirror and went back downstairs to dust off some shelfs in the lounge. Scrooge was in his office, probably talking to his associates about his expenses as I hear him yell every once in a while. For some reason, my stomach filled with butterflies whenever I see, hear, or talk to him. My heart was pounding rapidly at the thought of him this morning. Could this be that I am in love with Scrooge McDuck? I shook my head and continued to dust off the shelves and went over to where his office is.

"You blasted, good for nothing, penny-pinchin' buzzards!", I heard him shout from his office. "Maybe I shouldn't disturb him. I'll clean his office later. As I took a step on the hardwood floor, a loud creeeeaaakkk sounded throughout the hallway. "I'll call you lads back," I heard Scrooge let off scoff and opened the door. "Lass, please don't disturb me while I am very busy." "I'm so sorry, Scrooge. I was going to come into your office to dust off the shelves." He raised an eyebrow and moved out of the way. "Well come in, lassie. I had enough dealing with my associates so I can make sure you dust every inch of the shelves."

I nodded while blushing and stepped into his private office. It was a decent sized office, not too big or too small. Just the right size for two people to fit. I looked at his shelves which were indeed covered in dust. I grabbed my feather duster at the ready and began dusting off the shelves. Scrooge watched me closely to make sure I didn't miss a single spot. I went down lower, not realizing my dress was going up slightly. "Oh! Um...lass?" Scrooge said, looking away. I looked up at him and smiled. "I'm almost done with this shelf." Scrooge looked back at me and nodded. "That's good, but yer dress." I tilted my head. "What about my dress?" He turned to face a wall. "Yer dress was rising a bit when you bent over to dust the bottom shelf." I blushed very hard, trying to smooth it back down. "Oh my goodness! I am so sorry, Mr. McDuck!" I backed up against the desk and lost my balance. Scrooge saw this and I landed on top of his papers. Scrooge came over to me. "Lass! Are you alright?" I nodded as he helped me up to my feet. Luckily his papers weren't wrinkled or bunched from the impact of my body landing on top of them.

I stared into Scrooge's eyes, sparkling like diamonds. "I am so sorry about this Mr. McDuck!" He chuckled lightly. "Ah lass, this isn't your fault. You just need to have more balance and less wardrobe malfunctions." I blushed hard, grabbing my feather duster. "Well I think I got all the shelves dusted off." Scrooge shook his head. "Not all the shelves lass," as he pointed the very bottom shelf. "I won't look I promise." He winked at me as he looked out his office window. I got down on my knees, dusted off the bottom shelf, and stood back up. "All taken care of, sir." Scrooge looked back at me. "Thank you, lass. Now go downstairs and make us some lunch. I'm getting peckish from all this commotion." I nodded and went to the kitchen to whip up some grilled haggis sandwiches.

I was cutting up the haggis and spreading some mayo on the bread. "Am I really starting to fall for Scrooge?", I thought as I put the sandwiches in a pan on the stove, " I mean hes nice, sweet, funny, and his accent." I swooned while flipping the sandwich. As the sandwiches were done cooking, I went upstairs and listened for Scrooge to make sure he wasn't on the phone. I knocked on his door, hearing a muffled "Come in" snd stepped in to the office. I set the sandwich on the desk. "Here you are, sir." Scrooge smiled. "Ah haggis sandwiches. Sit down with me lass and let us eat." We ate our sandwiches and Scrooge talked about his explorations. Hearing about his stories were amazing to listen. We finished eating and outside was beginning to rain.

"Well now there's something you don't see every day in Duckburg," Scrooge said as we took our plates into the sink. I smiled brightly while the rain was starting to get heavy. Scrooge looked over at me and took my hand. "Come on lass. Let us go outside and watch the rain." I nodded and we went outside, sitting down on a bench. We watched the rain flood the streets and some folks head indoors. I looked up at Scrooge as he placed his arm around my shoulder. He looked down at me with a reassuring smile. "Lass." I smiled back. "Scrooge." A bolt of lightning struck the road across from the mansion, causing me to hug onto Scrooge. Scrooge laughed lightly and patted my back. "Oh lass its alright. I'm right here for ye." I blushed and we both got up and headed inside the mansion.

Scrooge motioned me to sit beside him on the couch as we watched outside as the storm was beginning to light up the sky. I figetted with my dress, deciding on whether or not to tell Scrooge about my feelings towards him. "Scrooge." He looked at me. "Yes, lassie?" "I...um..." Launchpad came in from outside, wiping off the rain drops from his head. "Launchpad! Take off your boots, ye ninny!", Scrooge said as he got off the couch to get a towel. I sighed and got off the couch to help him. "Its a real downpour out there. I almost got the limo fixed, Mr. McD, " Launchpad said as he took off his boots and put them on the rug. Scrooge brought him a towel to dry off and put on a fire in the fireplace. "Dry off and stay warm, Launchpad." I picked up the boots and put them outside and cleaned the rug.

Scrooge's POV
I came over to (Y/N)'s side and helped her up. "Now what was it you were going to say, lass?" I saw her cheeks reddened and she shook her head. "Oh it was nothing." I saw her walk over to the fireplace to get warm. I don't know why, I have a feeling that she is hiding something from me. And I am going to find out what it is, eventually. Or my name isn't Scrooge McDuck.