Chapter 10 Figuring Things Out

After dinner I walked to Chiron.

"Sir, I'm sorry for my sudden outburst. I didn't mean to suddenly stand up and scream like that. I didn't know what got into me. I'm really sorry sir."

"Ms. Dela Cruz, it's fine but next time I do not want sudden outbursts during dinner. Do you understand?"

"Aye aye, Captain."

"Fine, now go to your cabin. Before the harpies get you."

"I have one thing to tell you Chiron." I nervously stammered. He looked at me with those old wise eyes.

"What do you wish to tell me, Ms. Dela Cruz?"

"I think I'm the last person for the quest." I murmured. "I did it." His eyes regarded me with a pointed expression. He sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"If you think you are the person, you may go."

After that, I headed back to the Hermes cabin. Nico said that he'll be staying in the Big house for the night, he won't go back to the underworld since the Hades cabin will be done tomorrow and the quest also starts tomorrow. I crawled into my bunk hugging my pillow. This will be my last night here, and before I knew it I was asleep.

I sat on my bunk looking around the interior of the Hermes cabin before rechecking my things for the quest.

Things needed:

Ambrosia- ✔

Nectar- ✔

Extra clothes- ✔

Δαρκνεσσ on my waist- ✔

First aid kit- ✔

A few drachmas- ✔

A flashlight- ✔

Water- ✔

Some mortal money from the camp store- ✔

Phone from Hephaestus - ✔

I checked the things from a little list that I made and saw that they were all complete. I zipped my backpack before going outside. I took one last look at the Hermes cabin, sighing. I have a feeling this is the last time I'm gonna see it again.

I made my way to Camp Half-Blood hill. I saw that the rest were already there even the Stolls.

"We heard your conversation with Chiron last night. Good luck." Travis confessed and hugged me.

"This is your first quest so take care, and stay alive for us okay?" Connor hugged me after Travis let me go.

"Thanks. I'll stay alive, I'll come back I promise" I said smiling.

Just then Chiron came galloping to Half-Blood hill.

"Heroes, good luck with your quest. Be careful with the dangers you will face." Chiron told us. "Now go."

We stepped outside the border of camp and looked behind. Instead of seeing camp we saw a hill with only trees, camp disappeared.

"We need to plan you know, leaving camp without a plan is one of the reasons a demigod dies." I said, and they all agreed. "We need a leader, I choose Reyna to be our leader." I nominated Reyna.

"I agree." Nico said, as Ken and Yzabella looked at each other.

"We both agree too." Ken confirmed.

"So, we need to figure things out as best as we can, but then prophecies have double meanings. So lets just guess." Yzabella tried to break the silence.