Chapter 14 - Memory Fragments (I)

That night, Klaire had a very strange dream. In the dream, he saw his “other self” grow up quickly and become a slender young man. The young man looked very handsome, wearing a white tailored suit while standing in front of the mirror with a smile. He then sat in a strange car and went to a company. All people in the company greeted him politely as he arrived, calling him……

As soon as the name was blurted out, Klaire felt the whole world shook and he suddenly opened his eyes. Carlo’s serious face was magnified before him, shaking his shoulder with his hand: “Klaire, get up soon, don’t be late.”

” …..” Klaire stayed frozen a long time after the escape from his dream.

That dream was too real. He lived in a completely different place from home. The white car he used to go out was not the same as the suspension car in the Empire. The silver-colored building of the company was a building he had never seen before. Definitely another completely different world.

But the horrible thing was,  everything in that world is clearly printed in his mind. Even the faces of men and women who greeted him in the company were very clear to him. Even when he woke up from the dream, he always felt like he had experienced all of it himself.

Is my illness getting worse? What is the relationship between that person and me?

Sometimes he could not even tell whether he was the man in the dream or the present Klaire.

Carlo saw his roommate sat on the bed in a daze and frowned. He slapped Klaire forcefully on the shoulder: “You are awake, right? Go to class!”

“……” Klaire, who was thoroughly awakened after being slapped by the Class President, immediately got up to wash his face and brush his teeth.

The two rushed to the classroom and arrived at 7:59. The teacher was coming to the classroom soon, so the two boys quickly slipped in from the back door and sat down in their seats.

Seeing the gasping look of the two guys in the row in front of him, Xi Wei could tell that they had apparently ran all the way here. He reached out his foot and gently kicked Klaire’s butt, “Klaire.”

Klaire turned back and Xi Wei beckoned him closer, which he complied, leaning his head closer to Xi Wei, “Xi Wei, you called me?”

Xi Wei asked in his ear, “Coming so late, you overslept again?”

” Um… another nightmare,” Klaire whispered. “I think my illness has become more serious.”

Xi Wei said, “Wait for me downstairs in the afternoon and we’ll go to the infirmary.”
“Okay.”

While the couple was whispering privately, Carlo curiously straightened his ears, trying to to eavesdrop. He could not hear anything though, and had no choice but to turn back facing the podium seriously.

There are three consecutive periods of Imperial History in the morning. The teacher was a man with gray hair and very serious looking face and voice. The focus of this lesson was “The Battle of Issyville”. Xi Wei had checked the information about this a long time ago and knew that since the battle human race was divided into two major regimes, the Lacey Empire and the Strandian Federation. The year the battle ended was also the year the empire was founded. However, his classmates were obviously not aware of this historical knowledge. The teacher played a lot of precious video information on the big screen, and the children were watching it with relish, as if they were seeing a movie.