Chapter 29 - The Prince Who Fights

With Aiden unconscious in the infirmary, the doctor soon notified Randy.

Randy came to the ward with messy hair, looking very anxious. He rushed to Aiden’s bedside. Sitting there gently stroking his son’s hair, his eyes were full of love and tenderness. Seeing that scene made Xi Wei couldn’t help but felt anxious as well.

Aiden falling into this state, the saddest one was of course Randy, his father. Xi Wei also still didn’t know what happened between Randy and Aiden’s alpha father. He always felt that asking the man directly would be equivalent to opening an old wound and pouring salt into it.

Xi Wei pulled Klaire and Carlo’s arm, and the three of them retreated silently.

Klaire asked: “Why? Do you feel embarrassed asking him?”

Xi Wei sighed and said: “If there was a way to save Aiden, he should be more impatient than us to do it. Perhaps Aiden’s alpha father really was gone. In that case, wouldn’t it be very rude if we asked him directly?”

Carlo stood beside him, looking stiffly at the scene in the infirmary. Originally, he thought that Aiden was merely in poor health. He only just knew today that this classmate of his actually had a terminal illness. Thinking of the frail omega who might die at any time, his mind became messy. He couldn’t help asking: “He will die?”

Xi Wei frowned: “I don’t want anything to happen to Aiden. Can you not talk about death?”

“…… Oh” Carlo scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, “I don’t want anything to happen to him either.”

At this moment, Randy suddenly turned around and saw the three children standing in the window with worried expressions. He came out of the door and said softly: “You have something to say to me?”

Xi Wei nodded, then as gently as possible, he said: “According to the doctor, the best cure to Aiden’s disease is to extract stem cells from his omega brothers or sisters and do transplantation, but Aiden is an only child…”

Randy’s face turned a little pale. A moment later he said, “This will not work, he has no alpha father.”

Xi Wei and Klaire glanced at each other.

Carlo whose temper was more straightforward immediately asked, “How could there be no alpha father?”

“It is not convenient for me to explain to you, you just have to know that Aiden has no father and no brother or sister.” Randy paused, and then continued, “I’ve contacted the doctors at the Imperial Central Hospital who are working on a new type of medicine that has made some progress recently. Before Aiden turned 14 years old, if the drug can be successfully developed, his condition can be controlled. ”

Xi Wei asked: “But what if the development is not successful?”

Randy’s expression changed slightly as he answered: “Then I will think of other ways to save him… I won’t let anything happen to him. You are his best friends, thank you for caring about him.”

Randy turned back to the ward and sat at Aiden’s bedside, one hand gently holding the child’s hand and the other one attaching itself to the child’s forehead.

Aiden looked very peaceful in his sleep. Xi Wei was really afraid that one day he would fall asleep and never wake up again. But as a friend, Xi Wei also didn’t want to interfere with Randy’s decision. Not to mention, he was only a child now, no one would take children’s opinions to heart.