Chapter 22 - Companionship (II)

That night, Xi Wei and Klaire talked about a lot of things in the forest. Ever since his rebirth, Xi Wei had never been as at ease as during that moment.

Klaire knew all about his past and understood all his thoughts.

In this strange world, it was nice to have a friend in whom he could confidently confide. This kind of feeling made Xi Wei feel especially warm—he did not come alone to this strange world, he wasn’t a lonely soul, he had someone in the same situation as him.

That person was called Klaire, someone who had lived on earth just like him and knew of those ancient civilizations which had long been forgotten. He was someone who had experienced many ups and downs with him, and who had accompanied him through thick and thin until he finally gained glory. They had something common shared only between the two of them. Even if they were to sit and talk about it for seven days and seven nights, it still would not be enough.

Unfortunately, their time was limited. Upon seeing that it was almost 12, Xi Wei calmly stood up and said, “We should go back.”

Klaire also stood up, “Okay, if you have anything to say to me later, ask me to come here. There are fewer people here at night and no one will know what we’re talking about.”

Xi Wei smiled very happily, “The trick is to sneak out and meet like a spy. If someone finds out, we’ll just say that we are reviewing our lessons.”

Klaire smiled and said, “Yes. Let’s go.”

He then took Xi Wei’s hand and they walked together toward the dormitory building.

Xi Wei did not find this movement strange, he merely thought that Klaire was holding his hand to show their closeness. The two young children’s hands were held together, Xi Wei’s soft and tender one was covered in little Klaire’s slightly rougher palm, Xi Wei actually thought it felt quite comfortable.

When he arrived in his dormitory, Aiden was already asleep. Xi Wei changed his clothes and climbed into bed to sleep. Just as he was about to lie down, his communication device suddenly lit up. Xi Wei was afraid to wake up Aiden, so he quickly went into bed and opened the communication device—it was Klaire sending him a simple message, “Go to bed early, good night.”

Xi Wei couldn’t help but smile. He replied with “Good night” before closing his eyes.

To have a good friend here who would send him a simple goodnight greeting, it really warmed Xi Wei’s heart.

However, due to his excitement, Xi Wei didn’t fall asleep until early morning. He dreamed of his previous life. He was practicing in the gymnasium of a suburban villa. Yu Qianhe stood at the doorway, smiling at him as he held onto a glass of milk. Once he began to feel tired, Yu Qianhe came forward and handed him a towel along with that glass of hot milk.

This happened every morning, so Xi Wei was getting used to being in this person’s care.

In fact, since he had no father and mother, he was really hoping to have someone he could trust wholeheartedly. To him, Yu Qianhe was this someone. He was his brother, his family. In the past, he trusted him as a friend and would tell him anything. Now, this manager of his actually crossed over as well—he could tell Klaire anything in the future.

Because the dream was very heart-warming, Xi Wei also woke up with a very good mood. After he had eaten breakfast, he went to the classroom together with Aiden.