Chapter 15 - Memory Fragments (II)

With the help of the psychologists Mia's inadvertent hypnosis, Klaire was able to connect all the fragments of the dreams he had had since childhood. He finally remembered the name of the man in his dreams, Yu Qianhe.
Yu Qianhe was the only son in his family. His father, Yu Shaodong, ran a large entertainment company. He graduated from college at only 23 years old, but because of his young age his father did not trust him enough to leave the company to him. He did not want to rely on his father, therefore, Yu Qianhe concealed his identity and became a manager through the company's recruitment.

As a new recruit, naturally he couldn't take over the first-rate stars. The company arranged for someone to him to let him learn the ropes, and that person was called Ji Ran. Ji Ran was a not-so-famous third-rate actor who was said to have played only a few cannon fodder and supporting roles since his debut. When Yu Qianhe looked at his information, he couldn't help but feel very disappointed in his heart; this man had been mixed in this field for so many years but still couldn't become an A-list actor, certainly he was not promising.

As a result, Yu Qinhe was pleasantly surprised when he saw Ji Ran-he really looked better than in the photos, he was handsome with a sunny and cheerful personality. He looked so bright when he smiled, yet so serious when he talked; in this entertainment industry, it was rare to see someone as pure as Ji Ran.

The final scene in Klaire's dream was of a signing event. Ji Ran wrote his name on the contract, gave it back and said, "We are the same age, can I call you Qianhe?"

Looking at his dark eyes, Yu Qianhe could not help but smile,"You can "

Pleased, Ji Ran then reached out and shook hands with him, "Please take care of me in the future."

Yu Qianhe said, "I am also a newcomer, let's do our best together."

That was when Klaire was forced awake by Mia. Klaire fell into a long silence after he finished receiving these messy fragments of memory. These memories were so real that for a moment he couldn't tell whether he was Yu Qianhe or Klaire, but strangely enough he had a weird intuition that he should not tell anyone about it. So, under the pretext "psychological problems",Klaire asked the doctor to keep his problem confidential for the time being.

***

Klaire walked with Xi Wei all the way back to the dorm. Under Carlo's questioning eyes, he then laid down directly on his bed, hoping to continue the story from his previous dream.

Sure enough, after falling asleep, another memory of Yu Qianhe appeared in his dream.

That summer, Ji Ran received a job as a stand-in for a first-line star in fighting scenes. Ji Ran had loved learning martial arts since he was young so his punches were very powerful, his acting using martial arts also went very smoothly. However, the unknown Ji Ran did not get much respect in the cast-after all he was only a substitute. The film director also had very rigorous demands, so even with his martial arts foundation, he still had to re-act scenes many times.

Ji Ran often had to stand under the sun for several hours. Upon seeing him sweating, Yu Qianhe would tell him to rest immediately whenever he had the chance, and gave a towel and mineral water to him. Ji Ran looked up and poured the full bottle of mineral water on his head, before running full-power to the studio, acting as if he did not feel tired and his whole body was still full of energy.

After returning to the dormitory in the evening, Ji Ran expressionlessly rolled up his trousers and applied ointment on his knee. Yu Qianhe looked at the large bruises on his legs and could not help but frown before saying, "I'll help you."