Chapter 34 - An Old Affair

The next morning, General Craig himself escorted Xi Wei to leave the palace. Xi Wei arrived at Klaire’s door with his white cat. Klaire had already waited there, also holding a familiar little black cat in his arms. Once the two kittens saw each other, they immediately jumped down from their respective owner’s bosom, then started meowing while holding a paw out towards each other, looking very happy.

“It always feels like they’re both more excited than both of us,” Klaire said.

Xi Wei smiled, “Let’s go, Aiden should be waiting for us at home, we will pick up Carlo along the way.”

They left the cats under the care of Klaire’s brother, Kevin, then, together they entered the suspension car to head towards Carlo’s home. Soon, Carlo also joined the party.

When the convoy arrived at Aiden’s home, Aiden had long been waiting by the front door.

However, upon seeing that the tall general had once again came with Xi Wei, Aiden’s brows reflexively wrinkled in a frown. When he was a child, every time he saw General Craig he would always feel afraid to the point of wanting to hide. Now that he had grown up, although his fear was not as great as before, there was still this uncomfortable feeling in his heart.

Meanwhile, once Craig’s eyes landed on the young man, the strange feeling in his heart surfaced once again.

When he first saw the chestnut-haired child, he felt something familiar from him. He couldn’t help wanting to get close, thinking that the child was too docile and lovable. But now that the child had grown up, the teenager’s soft facial features and his thin body were overlapping with the image of a young man from his memory.

Craig stared at Aiden, whispering, “How old are you this year? Your birthday…… When is it?”

Hearing General Craig, the man who had always been so serious and indifferent to everything, suddenly asked this question, the four teenagers were surprised. They looked at each other.

Although Aiden wasn’t very fond of him, but out of courtesy, he still replied softly, “I’m 14 years old, my birthday is in a few days, at August 25th.”

Fourteen years old, born in August. That meant his father’s pregnancy probably occurred in November 15 years ago…The same time as when he was in Andromeda Galaxy.

Craig was surprised. He took another look at the boy’s chestnut hair, now unable to keep the impulse to reach out a hand to touch him. Aiden’s face paled, he stepped back unconsciously. Seeing this scene, Carlo suddenly felt angry, he couldn’t help thinking: How old you are, how dare you stick out your hand to such a young omega?! Are you looking for trouble?!

However, due to the man’s identity as a royal guard, coupled with Xi Wei’s presence, Carlo tried to suppress his agitation. But he sneakily moved to hide Aiden behind him, pretending to be calm as he said: “Aiden, take us into the house, what are we still doing standing here?”

Xi Wei coughed, trying to control the situation: “General, Aiden’s health is not good since childhood, he is not accustomed to having physical contact with strangers, so please keep that in mind.”

“…” Craig fell silent for a moment before finally whispering, “Can I go into your house and look around?”

Aiden was obviously reluctant, he looked at him with a frown.