Chapter 68 - Recovering

Wednesday, 1 March.
It has been about a week later since Maya woke up and she was now just recovering from the entire episode.
She was thankful that Josh came in a lot but he had a class and could only make it late the afternoon.
Luckily for Maya her best friend though different.

"Hey Peaches," Riley said as both she and Lucas came in with the twins.
"Hey why aren't you in school?" Maya asked.
"Maternity leave of course. How you feeling?" Riley asked.
"I'm fine. Just like I told Josh a week ago. And you Huckleberry? You also on maternity leave?" Maya asked making Lucas laugh.
"No. But I decided to take the day off. Raising Jacob and Cameron isn't very easy. But you have a good life," Lucas said causing his girlfriend to smack him an the chest.
"Ow."

"How are you feeling? Bored?" Riley asked.
"No. I've actually just woken up from a pretty nice nap and just read a few chapters of a book so you guys came at the right time," Maya said.
"When are you going home? Soon?" Riley asked.
"In a week maybe. I still have a lot of recovery work to do but I am feeling stringer than I did and the doctors are positive. So maybe Friday," Maya said.
"That's great. Just let us know if we can get you something," Lucas said.
"I will. How are the boys adapting? Having three week boys isn't a joke," Maya said.
"We're coping. Wanna hold Cam?" Riley asked.
"Yeah sure," Maya said and Riley handed the three week old boy to Maya.

"Hey Cameron. Hey. Driving Mommy and Daddy crazy? They really are perfect Riles," Maya said.
"Yeah except for when they cry. Sound ten times worse than Auggie," Riley said and everyone laughed.