Chapter 30 - Fighting

Riley went in the room and saw that Maya wasn't there.
Her suitcase was but not she.
Maya came out from the bathroom all dressed up and put her sleepwear away.
She was clearly determined to not talk or look at Riley.
She was clearly not in the mood to get anything done but she just wanted to get out of California.
Riley looked at Maya and saw she wasn't the same girl she met.

"Why are you doing this? Do you want to let our friendship go away?"
"Oh so now I have a decision? You know we have known each other for ten years but it never came to my mind that when a boy entered my life you would be like this. I like someone but you couldn't care less cause he's family. I clearly don't know you at all," Maya said and zipped up her suitcase.
"So this is it? Our friendship's gone? Maya it's a extremely difficult and uncomfortable situation. He's my uncle, you're my best friend. How am I supposed to handle it without being afraid what you think?" Riley asked.
"Well maybe this will learn you when you can't control anything."

"Hey I got a flight in four hours. We have to leave in a few minutes. How far are you girls?" Josh asked.
"Half way done," Maya said.
"I'll start packing."
"Okay meet me and Lucas in front in ten minutes," Josh said.