Chapter 27 - First Date Part 2

It was a little later the night and Josh and Maya were just sitting on the beach looking at the ocean.
They had finished eating and just relaxed before they had to go back to the house.
Josh admired how Maya looked not exactly knowing how she does it.
She was pretty much dressed like any other girl but she looked beautiful.
Pretty average but to him she was probably the most gorgeous girl in LA.

"Are you really willing to give up your friendship with Riley to be with me?" Josh asked.
"I'll want to know her if she'll allow me but I think it's time I put myself first. Ever since I met Riley I only thought about what it would do to her. There wasn't a day where I thought of myself. And I think it's time I thought about myself," Maya said.
"And if you lose her?" Josh asked.
"Then so be it. I have been dancing to her pypes for way too long. It's time I thought of myself," Maya said.

She and Josh sat on a bench looking at the ocean.
He had his arm around her shoulder and she just didn't mind it.
It felt right.

"Since I came here I haven't made a decision asking Riley. I've done my own thing and I've just realized how much I needed that. I don't want to do everything according to Riley anymore. I had done that long enough."
"I'm actually really glad I did come here. I saw the real Maya for the first time in my life. I think you're right. You're a scared to make a decision on your own then you ask Riley about everything. Distance is never a bad thing," Josh said and looked at his watch.
"Okay I think we should get back to the house. Riley is probably worried," Josh said and stood up.

He held his hand out so Maya could stand up and helped her up.
They smiled at each other before giving the other a soft kiss.
They walked back to the house seeing that Riley and Lucas was waiting for them.
Maya sighed lightly knowing there is going to be a huge fight.