Chapter 39 - Second Date

It was the next evening and Joshaya was just sitting on the couch.
The previous day's adrenaline hadn't worn off yet and they were now since it was out just trying to relax.
What better way than to do it with your boyfriend?

"You know you were extremely brave yesterday?" Josh asked.
"Was I?" Maya asked as she sat up from where she was laying on Josh's lap.
"Yeah you were. It took a lot of guts to do what you did and to stay so calm..."
"Auggie needed someone who stayed calm and your sister-in-law wasn't. I had to act like the rational one. But I was scared to hell," Maya said.
"Yeah I would think so. What about the two of us go on a date tomorrow? Just to get away from everything here," Josh said.
"What did you have in mind?" Maya asked.
"Movie and then we can grab a bite to eat?" Josh asked and Maya nod her head.
"Yeah sounds perfect. My mom has to work like tomorrow night and it's not like your niece is currently talking to me so I have the night to myself. How late?" Maya asked.
"I'll pick you up at six," Josh said.
"Okay."

~

It was late the next morning and Maya woke up.
She sigh as she rolls over to find a picture of her and Josh from when they met.
Who would have guessed?
She smiles as she makes her way to the kitchen finding her mother preparing breakfast.

"Hey Sleepy Head. My morning shift was canceled so do you want to do something this morning?" Katy asked.
"Yeah why not? I do have a date tonight with Josh but in the mean time I don't have any plans," Maya said as she sat down receiving a cup of coffee.
"I can't believe you were in the middle of a break-in. My daughter certainly doesn't take after me. You had a lot of guts," Katy said as she placed a plate of pancakes and fruit in front of her daughter.
"Thanks Mom. Josh also says so," Maya said.
"Why don't you finish eating and get dressed? I want to spoil you and for that I'm buying you something for your date," Katy said.
"Thank you Mom but you don't have to do it," Maya said.
"No. I... I want to. I realized I haven't been the kind of mother I was supposed to be. I neglected you. But I want to be the mother you deserve. The mother I want to be. If you'll allow me," Katy said.
"Why not?" Maya asked as she finished eating.

~

It was later the day and close to five-thirty.
Maya had just finished blow drying her hair and was now just getting ready.
She was busy putting on some light make-up when she saw a old photo.
She was so happy back then and no matter what she actually did she won't ever be able to forget that.
She sigh as she puts her brush down.
She knows what she has lost and what she can gain again.
And she also knows how to do it.
She pulls her head back as she puts on some earrings and a necklace before grabbing her purse and going out of the door.

Maya's outfit