Chapter 22 - Drama All Over Again

It was just a bit later the afternoon and Maya was actually still recovering from the kiss.
It was around five and Maya was brushing her hair while Riley got fully ready for dinner.
She was obviously way too big for her clothes and had to find something that was a little less tight.
Maya had to try to get the news out before the dinner but didn't know how.
Riley was busy with her make-up while Maya was putting on earrings which fit with her outfit.
She wasn't taking it as serious as Riley but she did wear something which was out of her style kinda.
She wore a pink flower dress with just black sandals.
But for some reason she felt a lot different.
Not like the girl she was.

Maya's outfit ⬇

Maya's earrings ⬇

Maya's earrings ⬇

"Maya what is going on? I didn't even know you own a good dress for dinner," Riley said

"Funny," Maya said laughing.
"I'm serious. Something has changed. I know it," Riley said.
"Yeah right. Can we get going? Lucas and Josh are probably waiting on us," Maya said.
"Fine," Riley said and they were gone.

It was a total different place where they were at this time.
It wasn't the same place on the beach.
It was a little in the town but still quite beautiful.
They could look out on the beach and still hear it but it was awhile awya.
But Riley was almost sure something is wrong with Maya.
She was extremely chatty and not just with anyone.
With her uncle.
Maya and Josh have been talking for over half an hour and couldn't stop.

"Maya will you walk with me to the bathroom?" Riley asked.
"Yeah sure," Maya said and the girls were gone.

"Okay what us going on? And don't say it's nothing. You and my uncle have been talking for half an hour without stop. I'm your best friend so I should know if something is wrong," Riley said.
"Nothing is wrong but you're right. Something did happen," Maya said.
"I knew it," Riley said.
"I'll tell you if you calm down and promise not to yell," Maya said.
"I promise," Riley said.
"Josh kissed me," Maya said.
"WHAT!" Riley yelled and Maya covered her mouth.
"Be quiet. Lucas is going to hear you," Maya said in a low and mad voice.
"How can you expect me to be calm when you tell me that? When?"
"When you were napping. I was sitting outside playing guitar, not actually knowing what to do. He came out and we talked. Your dad had called him to keep an eye on you, we discussed that and then I sang a song. It was one he heard me singing awhile back and afte rthat he told me I'm amazing and he's blessed to have me in his life. Then he kissed me," Maya said.
"End it," Riley said.
"End what? We haven't even talked about anything yet," Maya said.
"If you let anything develop between you two your friendship is done."

Maya's eyes widened and looked at her best friend.
She was dead serious.
She was serious and there is nothing she could do to stop her.