Chapter 49 - Moving Forward

It was early the next morning and Maya was heading to NYU.
She didn't have time so she thought that she would go talk to Josh.

"Hey."
"Hi Andrew. Is he home?" Maya asked.
"Yeah he is. Come in," Andrew said.
"Thanks."

"This is a nice surprise," Josh said seeing Maya.
"Morning Honey," Maya said giving Josh a quick kiss.
"Morning. Coffee?"
That" will be nice. Have you heard from Shawn again? He is avoiding my phone calls," Maya said.
"No," Josh said and gave Maya a mug.
"Thanks."

"Who's Shawn?" Andrew asked.
"Someone I know," Maya said.
"He grew up with my older brother and suddenly he has a problem with our relationship."
"But it's been going on for like four months, hasn't it?" Andrew asked.
"I don't physically have contact with Shawn so we only told him last night which he wasn't happy about," Maya said.
"Said he needed time. And now he's avoiding both of us," Josh said.
"Sounds more like he is being a over-protective father or something," Andrew said making Maya laugh.
"He sees me as his daughter and I look up to him as a father-figure since my father isn't in my life. Only problem is convincing him I'm okay. Which I can't do if he avoids me."
"You want me to try?" Josh asked.
"No. This is something I have to do on my own. And I think I know how," Maya said as she pulled her phone out dialing Cory's number.

"Mr Matthews. Sorry to bother you. I need your help with Shawn," Maya said.
"Yes I know he's mad but I think I know what to do."
"Just get him there and I'll take care of the rest. Okay bye."

"What's your plan Gorgeous?" Josh asked.
"You'll see. But now I have to go. I'll see you," Maya said.
"See ya. Be careful," Josh said.
"I will. Bye," Maya said giving Josh a kiss and was gone.

"Worried, hey?"
"She needs protection and if course I'll give her the space she needs but she has to know I'm here for when things get out of hand," Josh said.