Chapter 18 - Who Knows

It was a few minutes later and Maya went back in her room.
Riley was already dressed and busy brushing her hair.

"Who knows?" Maya asked.
"Hmm? What do you mean?" Riley asked.
"About the babies," Maya said.
"Just Lucas and my parents. Oh and now you," Riley said.
"That why your dad sended me? Because he didn't want his pregnant fourteen year old daughter going alone with her boyfriend to California?"
"We weren't young to be alone. We knew Josh was coming for awhile. Thought it would be best to tell you here instead of New York. You mad?"

Maya looked at Riley and shook her head.
She couldn't actually be mad about something that had already happened.

"No. But I think I know what this means. You want me to tell Josh," Maya said.
"Uh... Yeah kinda. Please. You guys got so close this summer. It's maybe best if you do tell me," Riley said.
"I'll see. Don't even know if he is awake. What does your dad say about..."
"He's very mad," Riley said.
"I'm right here if you need support. Or just to pull Lucas Friar on his ears."
"Thank you without you I think we still would have fought," Riley said and Maya went out of the room.

She went outside and exhaled.
What is she going to do?
She sees Josh sitting on the bench and knew now was the time.
But how does she do this?