Peter Quill x Reader

Start from the beginning

"I am Groot-" Groot was interrupted by what she thought was another violent bout of turbulence that sent (Y/n) to her knees as she held onto the nearby table.

"(Y/n), Groot! Get up here and get strapped in, we're under fire!" Gamora yelled.

(Y/n) held Groot closer and stood up, bolting up the stairs as fast as she could. She sat Groot in his small chair and began strapping him in. Before (Y/n) could get into her seat the Milano shook again, sending her onto her knees once more.

(Y/n) felt herself get lifted off the floor as the ship began spinning out of control, and she hit the ceiling of the Milano hard.

"Right engine's out! We're going down!" Peter yelled, trying his best to get back control of the Milano.

(Y/n) screamed as the force kept her planted against the ceiling and she squeezed her eyes shut, hoping this was all some horrible dream. She opened her eyes, just for a moment, to see how close to the ground they were. The ship had spun upright and was headed directly into the trees. "Oh not good not good!" she screamed, shutting her eyes as the Milano made first contact with the trees.

The trees immediately slowed the ship, and everything went black as (Y/n) fell to the metal floor.

The clearing the ship skid into was relatively quiet, save for the sounds of the Milano groaning and creaking from the attack.

Groot slipped out of his chair and kneeled beside (Y/n)'s head, whining for her as his little hands stroked her cheeks. The little sounds were enough to wake up the rest of the Guardians, who all collectively groaned from their seats.

"Alright... who's not dead?" Peter called out, unbuckling himself from the captain's chair.

"What the hell was that?!"

"Well, Rocket's good. Anyone else?" Peter turned to the others, rubbing the fresh ache in his neck as he looked around.

"I-I am Groooot..." Groot whined louder, looking up at Drax as he kneeled beside (Y/n) and carefully lifted her head.

"Is she alive...?" Gamora spoke up from behind Drax.

"I think she is breathing... It looks like she hit her head." he mumbled, carefully laying her head back on the floor.

"Gee, what gave you that idea? Is it the gushing blood? I think it was the gushing blood, Groot." Rocket snapped. He ignored the glares aimed at him from around the cockpit as he began surveying the damage done to the ship.

"Take it easy, man. We're all pissed but that's not gonna help us get off this rock." Peter grumbled. He carefully lifted (Y/n) off the floor and began carrying her to her bunk with Groot hot on his heels. "Gamora, can you grab me her kit?"

Once Peter laid (Y/n) in her bed he gingerly ran a hand through her hair, quickly pulling it back once he felt warm liquid on his fingertips. Gushing blood was a bit of an overstatement, but he would still have to tend to her head before the wound got serious.

Peter called out to Gamora, but earned no response. Then he realized how quiet the Milano had gotten; No Rocket and Drax arguing, no Gamora walking about the ship, nothing.

He looked down at Groot who had settled himself beside (Y/n)'s head. "Stay with her, kiddo..." he whispered.

Groot only nodded and watched as Peter left the room.

Someone must have opened the ramp, Peter thought, as what was left of the planet's daylight spilled into the ship. He stepped outside, but before he could look around the clearing something smacked his temple, sending him onto his knees.