Steve Harrington x Reader

I walk into school with thoughts of y/n in my mind. I just.. Can't stop thinking of her. Her amazing personality, friendship with the kids... plus her cute face is a nice bonus. I've been wanting to ask her out for a few days but.. Fuck, i'm too nervous. What if she rejects me..? Or worse, calls me 'buddy'. I can't help but sigh out loud as I think to myself, i've never had this much of an intense crush. I mean... Nancy... yeah... but, y/n is different. I've known her for a while now, and I've been crushing on her for a while too. I can't stop thinking about her, she's all that has mattered to me recently. Suddenly I feel a hand grasp onto my shoulder and hug me from behind.

"Wha-!" I turn around quickly and see the smiling face of... her. y/n, as beautiful as ever. My heart felt like it was going to burst every time that I saw her. Her eyes seemed to shine, her hair fell perfectly, and... god that smile of hers.

"Sorry for scaring you, Steve. How are you?" she said happily with a happy smirk on her face.

"I was doing alright, but now i'm feeling.." I bring my hand up to my chin and act as if i'm thinking intensely. I hold up a few fingers, "three times better, thanks to you showing up"

She widens her eyes slightly, "Aw! I didn't know a walking can of hair gel could be so sweet!"

"Hey!"

"I'm just kidding~! That was super.. Super sweet, Steve" she says joyfully, I see her cheeks swell up with a light pink.

My heart is going to erupt. That's the first... first... ANYTHING i'd ever said to her that didn't come out completely awful. I feel myself start to sweat, and quickly wipe my forehead. I turn around quickly, "Aha! Well- y/n we better get going, right?"

"Oh- oh God, yeah, I didn't see the time"

"Pfft. Alright, let's go" I say as calmly as I can. I.. I've made my decision.. I'm going to ask her out tomorrow after school! I just have to before some undeserving hound-dog of a boy asks her out. I can do this!

I walk out of school, the thought of y/n still clinging onto my thoughts. I look around the sea of students leaving to see if I can find her. I quickly find Dustin and y/n chatting it up near the parking lot. Mike, Will, Lucas, and Max behind him. I smile when I see y/n, and start jogging over to them. They all quickly turn to me, Dustin giving me a weird.. Glare?

"Hey, you guys" I say as I step up to them, smiling even bigger as I see y/n's face. y/n blushes and turns to Dustin,

"Ok, Dusty, I've gotta go now~" she says waving her hand a little bit, she looks to me for a split second, "Sorry Steve, we can talk tomorrow!" she quickly runs of not saying another word.

Wha..? What was that about... Did I do something wrong earlier? I look over to Dustin whose glare hasn't failed to weaken. "Hey bud..?" I say quietly. He steps closer to me and pats my arm gently,

"Hey.. pal' he says smiling

"Uh..? What's up with the smile?"

Max chimes in with a smug smirk on her face,

"y/n told us about how you've been acting lately! Do you have like a crush on her or something?" she steps closer "She said you've been acting kinda off! And she told us what you said earlier this morning! Gosh- she said it so calmly too! Like she doesn't see what that means~" Mike pats her shoulder

"Max, calm down on lover boy" he says quietly.

I feel my heart stop. Have I SERIOUSLY been acting that obvious lately? I open my mouth to defend myself but Dustin speaks up before I can,

"Steve.. How about you come with us back to Mike's house. We were going to play some games. But I think we have something else to do now" I look behind his shoulder and see the other three chattering with excitement behind him, I sigh and nod. It's not like I can just not go with them. Knowing the four, one of them would probably blab to y/n about my feelings by tomorrow afternoon if I don't oblige.