Jughead Jones x Reader

geek, freak, loser, y/n l/n.

the young girl with the h/c hair and the e/c eyes. simple and plain, she didn't stand out. just the way she liked it.

y/n loved the way things were, but she wanted someone to see her. someone to listen to her. to hold her when she cried. be careful what you wished for. 

"check this out!" a loud voice shouts moments before the girls books are slammed out of her grasp. y/n rolls her eyes and bends down to pick up the things that the stupid jock had pushed out of her grasp.

as she places her hand on the final book she was yet to pick up, its lifted off the floor by another person.

the girl screams internally. "give it back," she growls a sudden sense of confidence pulsating through her body. she tilts her head up so that she's looking at her culprit.

"i'm sorry, i was just trying to help," a boy, whom went by the name jughead, said offering his hand to her. y/n takes his hand and helps her up from the ground.

"thank you," she mumbles taking the book off him and spinning on her heel quickly. she begins to walk down the hall but stops before she's gone too far.

"what leaving so soon?" chuck clayton's voice echo's down the hall, everyone stops and stares at the scene that's unfolding.

the girl ducks her head, trying to hide from the sight of everyone. people moved to the sides of the hallway just leaving y/n and chuck in the middle. the girls heart rate quickens, her breathing becomes shallow.

a bell rings through the halls and people rush to get to their classes. the girl takes this as her opportunity to leave and escape the jock. before she gets into the class room her eyes connect with jughead's, she mouths 'thank you' to him. he nods his head a soft smile on his face.

a few weeks pass, y/n and jughead, who would be forever known as the weirdo and the loser. they became friends, he protected her and she cared for him. they were best friends, just the way they liked it.

they were inseparable.

"hey juggie," the girl says wrapping her arms around his waist as he stands at his locker facing the opposite direction of y/n.

he places his hands over hers, as his way of letting her know that he knew she was there. he continues a conversation with who ever was in front of him, y/n didn't care, she just kept her arms around him. 

not even a moment later the bag that sat comfortably on y/n's shoulder was ripped backwards.

her arm in forcefully pulled backwards making her squeak in pain. the girls arm unwraps from jughead's waist and clutches her shoulder as tears spring to her eyes.

the laughs of the football team ring in her ears. y/n reaches out to grab her bag out of one of the jocks hands.

"dear y/n, you shouldn't let people take your stuff," chuck clayton's voice booms making the girl stop in her tracks.

her face pales. jughead turns away from archie to see what all the commotion is. he feels his chest swell in anger as he see's chuck holding y/n's bag. his y/n.

"give it back chuck," the girl says voice shaking. archie places a hand on jughead's shoulder, stopping him for intervening.

"what's in it for me?" chuck says getting closer to y/n, his lips almost touching her ear. the girls breathing becomes laboured and all rational thoughts disappear from her mind.

"how about a kiss?" the jocks all laugh as chuck suggests a kiss.

"how about not?" jughead says stepping in front of the girl, holding his arms to his sides to hide her from the peering eyes of chuck and the football team.

"how cute. you're protecting your little girlfriend," chuck laughs, throwing a look to the boys standing behind him. jughead's body tenses and he feels anger flood his system.

he lunges forwards slamming chuck into the lockers behind him. chucks grunts as his back collides with the locker, he attempts to push jughead back. jughead pulls his fist back and then slams it into his face.

chuck spits out some blood, his gaze meets jughead's, each with an equal amount of fire in their eyes. suddenly the two boys are in a heated fist fight, y/n screams for them to stop.

archie jumps between the two boys, and one of the football players, moose, grabs chuck pulling the two boys away from each other.

archie shoves jughead's chest forcing him to turn to face y/n. her face has gone a pale shade and her eyes are wide.

jughead recognises that face, fear, she was afraid of him.

"y/n," jughead says reaching out towards the girl. she moves towards him, placing her hand on his cheek.

"you're bleeding," the girl whispers, taking his hand and pulling him along to the first aid room. when the pair reach the room, she boosts herself up on the bench and pulls him between her legs.

he places his hands on her hips as she dabs a tissue onto the cut on his cheek. he gazes at her face, studying every line, every spot, everything about her.

in that moment as she tried to make the bleeding stop the boy realised that he was in love with her.

he loved her, that's why he felt the need to protect her.

"why are you looking at me like that?" she asks, the boy blinks, he didn't realise that he was staring at her.

"you're so beautiful," he says leaning forward to press his lips to her cheek. he moves away from her and looks at her red face. a soft smile staying on her face as the girl continues to tend to his wounds.

Credit: writing-in-riverdale.tumblr.com