Derek Hale x Reader

"Did you hear what happened?" Scott asked you as you got out of the car.
"No" you grumble. You weren't a morning person and you just wanted to drink your coffee.
"You know Heather?" He asked. Of course you knew her. She was your first ever friend and even though you guys lost contact, she was always friends with your brother.
"She was found dead" You stopped in your tracks.
You felt sad for the loss of your friend but really you were just in shock, you didn't know how to feel.
"What?"
"Deaton called it a 'Three-fold' death" He explained. You guys continued to walk into the school grounds.
"How would he know that?" You questioned. Scott suddenly looked suspicious, like a deer in headlights.
"I was with Derek last night" He starts.
"What?!" You yell a little louder than intended, earning a few looks from strangers.
He raised and eyebrow at your interruption but you shake it off.
"He was helping me with, you know?" He continued. You knew Scott was trying to control his abilities and turn his struggles into strengths.
"So, we came across a body and called Deaton" He carried on. He must have watched onto your confused expression.
"It didn't look normal and Deaton is an expert. We thought he would know and he did" Scott finished. A sudden realisation hit you. Stiles had been with her at her birthday party last night.
You still had her birthday present in your bag because you couldn't make it to he party.
"What about Stiles? You say with worry. Scott looked worried before pulling out his phone. He tapped on it until he put it to his ear.
'Hey Stiles" He said after a moment. You both stood in the middle of the courtyard as students surrounded you.
"Where are you?" He asked into the phone. He turned around, his back to you and waved at someone from afar.
"I see you too" He says again before hanging up. Stiles ran over with a big grin on his face.
"Hey" you say, take off guard.
"Hey guys. Y/N, I missed you this morning" Stiles stated. You nodded when both looked at you.
"I left early and walked. The morning air is quite nice and peaceful" You say to cover your tracks. Truth was that Derek had called you in the early morning. He was bothered by something you couldn't tell. Your relationship had to be a secret and other than texting, you had to settle for late nights or early morning meet ups.
They both nodded, understanding. Stiles phone beeped and suddenly his warm, friendly attitude was replaced with instant gloom. Scott and you connected the dots instantly.
"Stiles" You say softly, resting your hand on his shoulder. He shook it off, clearly upset.
He didn't look at either of you, just turned away and started walking away. You grasp Scotts arm, stopping him from chasing his best friend. He looks at you and opens his mouth but you cut him off with a look before he could say anything.
"Don't. He needs space" You shook your head. The bell rang through the school's campus and Scott sighed. You both walked off to your separate classes, mumbling goodbyes.
——————
Once the final bell rang you breathed a sigh of relief. You never liked school. Lately it seemed you couldn't find much enjoyable. You were always caught in the midst of the supernatural drama that placed its fat ass on your town.
Halfway through your last class you received a message from Peter, only having time to read the sender and not the actual message before your teacher started taking phones away.
Peter: Meet @ Derek's apartment ASAP
You assumed it would be important so you went to go find Scott. You spotted him in the parking lot about to get on his motorbike, distracted by his phone.
"Scott!" You call out. He looks up, searching for the name that beckoned him. He saw you walking to him and held out his phone.
"Did you get the message too?" He questions and you nod.
"Mind if I get a ride?" You ask.
"Sure" he responds and you get on the back of the bike. You held on tight, fearing falling off.
When you arrived at Derek's apartment you and Scott walked up the stairs and pulled the heavy metal door. When you saw the other side you two were slightly surprised to see everyone already there.
"About time" Peter snarked. You gave him an evil look.
"We got here as soon as we could. Whats so important?" You say, walking down to the couches and plunking down.
"There seems to be someone sacrificing virgins" Dr Deaton says. You and Scott looked confused.
"Heather was first. Another body was found" Stiles says with a tinge of pain in his voice.
"The sacrifices were something called a three-fold death. This is defiantly by a darach, not a druid" Deaton explains.
"Thats why we needed you here. You could be next since no one else here is a virgin" Peter says uncomfortably. Lydia, Allison and Stiles all looked at you and you could feel the stares of the others" You bite your lip, wondering if you should say something.
"Well actually..." You whisper with an awkward smile. It took a moment for people to understand what you meant.
"I'm no possible sacrifice" You say before glancing over at Derek who stood awkwardly.
"You and Derek?" Stiles almost screams.
"We knew you'd guys feel weird about it so we hid it" You try to explain.
"Well at least you'll be safe" Peter says, trying to contain his laughter. Stiles rolls his eyes.
"I guess so" He says grumpily while Lydia high fives you.

Credit: 1-800-fanfiction.tumblr.com