Steve Rogers x Reader

This was it. Thanos was at Wakanda, and he knew that Vision was there. You and the remaining team at Wakanda heard the portal open and close as Thanos stepped out and towards the group.

"Eyes up," Steve said, adjusting his shield.

He turned to you, "(Y/N), stay with Vision and Wanda. Protect them and stay out of this."

"No, Steve. I swear to god this is the stupidest goddamn thing you've ever said. I'm not leaving you all. You need me," you responded angrily.

Steve shut his eyes tightly and stared at you brokenly. He raised his hand to your cheek and brushed it gently as he whispered one word, "Please."

You froze and stared at him. Thanos was walking towards the group, a threatening look across his face as he held the gauntlet up, as if to remind everyone what he was there for. You turned back to Steve, who was staring at you expectantly.

Your hand came to rest on the one that was on your cheek, and you traced his knuckles lightly, "... okay."

The corners of his lips turned up slightly as he visibly sighed, "Thank you."

You nodded slightly, with tears welling up in your eyes. He brought his other hand up to you face, brushing his thumbs across your skin. He leaned forward slightly, as if afraid that it would be your last kiss.

You leaned upwards, and sighed as your lips met in a soft kiss. His hands went into your hair, combing through it, and your palms went to his bearded face. The kiss seemed like it lasted a lifetime, when in reality it was a short moment. It had so much emotion, so much sadness and defeat into one kiss. You pressed further into his arms, and you could feel his own tears staining your cheeks.

"I..." you whispered as you pulled away. "... love you. So much."

"I love you more," he responded, pulling you into a short hug. Your head rested on his chest as his arms wrapped around you, one set on your head, pulling you even closer.

You stepped away slowly. Looking over his shoulder, you could see Natasha running towards Thanos, only to be thrown aside. Bruce had already tried to attack, but his attempt was futile as well. You stopped and stared as Steve began to walk backwards to the fight.

"Go!" He yelled.

You shared a look with him. A look of desperation. A look with of so many words that could not be said. You nodded at him as he began to run forward to Thanos.

You ran to where Vision and Wanda were, sitting in a clearing not far past where the fight was being held. Vision was kneeling on the ground in pain, as Wanda was both helping him to stand and also preparing to fight anyone who posed a threat to him.

You ran towards them, panting in fear, "He's here. He's here for the stone."

Wanda's face formed into an expression of horror and Vision sighed in defeat. Wanda's eyes held tears ready to spill as she turned towards Vision.

"Wanda, you must destroy the stone," Vision tried, holding his stomach, which bore a wound.

"No," she responded sternly.

Vision breathed out in a harsh way, grabbing her hand, "Wanda, you must. It's the only way."

You stared at them silently, your heart wrenching at their exchange. It was so similar to yours and Steve's moment just before, yet so different.

Wanda's chin shook as she stared down at him, tears falling down her cheeks, "I can't."

"Wanda, you must. It's me or millions of people. It's not fair that it's you, but it is. You must," Vision said, pulling her palm to his head.