Chapter 34

Trick or treat?

Oh? You want a treat?

I suppose i can do that for you.

Ashlie watched the ocean as the ship they were in left harbor. The captain being a nice man who was the only willing to help with the storm coming. Pat and Jen happened to be riding to get some ideas for a story they were making, and could be heard in a lower level practicing lines.

"Room for two more?"

She turned toward the voice, seeing Nick and Jon, smiling lightly, she nodded. A while of silence, a mix of feelings, many things on their minds.

"So... Tell me about where we're going."

Jon sat, stunned for a moment.

"Uh.. Well, I only know stories. But that's where my mother and her family were born. She always compared it to Atlantis. Lost in a natural disaster or two. But... after what happened, she never went back to see if anything was left. By the time things had cleared, I was born and she had to take care of me."

Nick looked at him curiously.

"What kind of natural disasters?"

"She never said.... Just that... The gods had become angry."

Silence again, it would take a few days before they were close enough to see anything, and another couple to get to land itself. All they could do was hope the world could wait for long enough.

Oh my goodness. I'm alive. I'm sorry for the wait, so i decided to supply a little backstory for the place they're about to visit. So, Happy late Halloween, and Happy Day of the Dead! Love you my little monsters! TEC out!