Bad timing

Louis POV
I waddled into my mums house after the long, 3 hour drive to Doncaster, Niall clinging to my leg as i tried to walk.
"Mum?!" I shouted "were here"
"Hang on lou"came a voice from upstairs.
She appeared balancing Ernest on one hip and a very bouncy Doris on the other.
"You're lookin' a bit weighed down there Jo" Zayn said stepping forward to wrap his arms around my waist.
"Not as weighed down as Louis at the moment" she chided, coming closer and putting her hand on my bump. "How're my gran-baby's doin'?"
"I here nana!" Niall exclaimed attaching himself to mums leg instead. Thank god my legs are killing me.
"Well, hello my snuggle-bug!" My,oh my, you've gotten big! Look at you!" She cooed. "Cmon, lets get you off your feet mr." And with that we all went into the living room, me plonking down on the nearest chair.
Ive been having small cramps all day but they dont seem to be anything to worry about. Theyre not as bad when im sitting down.
"So boys, any news?" Mum asked once we were all settled down and the kids playing together on the floor.
"Not much really, just finishing up the babies room is all. How about you?" I replied, subconsciously stroking my bump, trying to get my son or daughter to calm down a bit.
"Oh you know yourself, never a dull moment is there" she chuckled back with a soft smile, the one she always had since the day i was born.
I felt a tug on my tracksuit legs and looked down to see Ernest trying to pull himself up and whimpering when he couldnt.
"Hello bubba, hows my little brother doing today?" I cooed while zayn picked him up and put him sitting on my lap.
All i got in reply was a string of drool leaking from his mouth. "Oh well that was attractive now wasn't it"
"Ill go out and get a start on the dinner then. Will Liam be here by then?" Mam asked standing up and gathering a mug or two that were scattered around the coffee table.
"The bus comes in in about an hour and a half so ill collect him then. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought sofia along as a surprise either" Zayn sighed.
"Those two are goin' steady so then ehh?" Mum wiggled her eyebrows
"Don't even start getting suggestive theres kids in the room" i began, the thoughts of it making me nauseous " and even if they are I'm sure they're sensible enough....I HOPE they're sensible enough.."
With that another cramp rippled through my stomach, causing me to grip the couch a bit.
"Thats what i thought lou but it didnt turn out that way" mum announced before walking off into the kitchen.
"Lou, you alright?" Zayn whispered, hand rubbing up an down my leg in a soothing gesture.
"Yeah, just a cramp, im fine" i huffed out, relaxing into his touch a bit, Ernie now asleep between the two of us.
"Imagine, in three more weeks we could have our own baby cuddled in between us" zayn spoke breathily causing me to giggle
"What?"
"Do you honestly think Niall will just leave us sit together with a baby between us? Coz if you do you couldn't be more wrong" i replied ruffling Ernie's wispy hair.
-----------------------
"Mum, i havent eaten a roast like in years" i said as i leaned back against the chair with a grunt.
"Yeah mum, i think im about to explode" lottie added.
"Nana are you sure its ok that sofia stays?" Of course Liam brought sofia. As lottie said, theyre like salt and pepper you cant have one without the other.
"Yeah li, sure why not? Ive been waiting to meet this little girlfriend of yours for months!" She exclaimed, getting up to collect the, now empty, plates.
I went to Stand up but another cramp shot across my stomach, causing me to grab onto the edges of the hard, wooden chair and squeeze until it faded again but at the same time, try not to show that I was in pain, but I think Zayn noticed.
"Louis, go sit down with your sisters, ill go help you mum" he said quietly to me while the girls left to go into the living room.
"zee, I'm fine honestly"
"no you're not boo, I can see youre in pain and it doesn't seem to be gettin' any better" he replied, taking one tanned hand up and cupping my cheek. his deep brown eyes had a sadness about them but I just couldn't place what it was that gave them that look.
"it's probably just Braxton hicks,love, ill be fine. they'll be gone and well forgotten about within an hour" I answered playing with his other hand that rested upon my knee.
"alright, but promise the second they get worse to tell me" he murmured, looking down solemnly.
"I will zee, pinky promise" and with that I held my pinky up, waiting for his to interlock with mine.
"pinky promise" he chuckled as our fingers joined together.
"now, scoot! off to the living room with your sisters!" and before I knew it i was ushered into the living room and lowered myself slowly down into the cosy red armchair beside the fire.

--------------------------

"uuuggggghhh please just cut it out" I groaned to my bump but to no avail.
"maybe a cuppa tea will calm you a but darlin' huh?" I cooed, soothing down my, well zayns, overstreched Tshirt and waddling down the hall and into the kitchen.
I'm kinda bummed that we couldn't stay in my old room this time with me being "too-pregnant" and all but I suppose the spare room is just as comfy.
the kitchen light was on when I got there, light flooding the hall from under the door.
"hello?" I spoke in hushed tones so not to wake anyone up.
"Lou? is that you?" Felicite asked, hair all over the place and dressing gown falling off her shoulders.
"yeah, couldn't sleep either?" I advanced into the kitchen, reaching over to flick on the kettle.
"phoebe decided to take over my bed." she sighed, ruffling her bed-mussed hair.
"oh you mean like you used to do to me and Lottie?" I replied sassily, raising an eyebrow.
"hush you! that was only when there was a storm outside"
"still did it" I defended leaning against the counter top to relieve the pressure from my back.
"Cant deny that" she said with a giggle.
there was silence for a moment or two, the only noise shattering it was the sound of felicite drumming her nails off the worktop.
"so, you still going out with Kyle?" I questioned, beginning to pour my tea.
"it's complicated" she sighed "we never broke up so yeah but at the same time it's been nearly two weeks since we had a proper conversation so who knows really" she explained, leaning her head in her hands.
"you'll be fine fizz, you deserve someone special. don't worry you'll find your prince someday" and with that there was a loud splash and it was a though all the pressure that was on my back just drifted away.
It was when I looked down I got the shock of a lifetime.
"oh my god Louis! did you just pee on the floor? that's just disgusting!" she raised her voice a little.
"yeah I did but its alright its not like my waters just broke or anything" I replied sarcastically.
"ok... alright.. am, go get zayn and tell him to get his ass down to the kitchen before I go and kick his ass down here" I instructed, one hand on my bump and the other carding through my hair.
"ok, I'll get mum afterwards" and with that she scurried off to try get my husband.
"fuck this is too early.." I whispered to myself, feeling the first contraction burn at my belly.
"ow ow ow ow ow" I breathed gripping the marble, hoping to seek some relief
"please not today love, you have another three week of cooking left in there" I groaned but obviously this baby had other plans.
just as the contraction ended zayn burst through the door, eyes wide and panic covering his features.
" please tell me this is some joke" he pleaded, coming over to help me stand straight.
"I wish! zayn it's too early!" I whimpered, realisation slowly sinking in "even just two more weeks and it would be fine"
"I know boo bear but I think it's time we just got straight to the hospital yeah? see what they can do?" and before I could answer he was guiding me towards the car, at 4;30am on Friday the 1st of February, cup if tea sitting on the kitchen worktop, long forgotten.
the drive was tense. Tears were running down my cheeks as all I could think about was that this time tomorrow this little guy or girl would be cuddled up with us, hopefully. And if not they would be a little fighter and would soon be in our arms soon.