Forsaken

Zayns POV

I walked down the stairs resembling some sort of a zombie. Harry had been up all night crying in pain because i gave him cows milk instead of his soy milk, then when he did eventually go back to sleep i was lying awake wondering where my husband could have gone.
I walked into the kitchen and picked my phone up from the counter top but when i checked my messages he hadn't replied. There were just lists of my own texts to him.

Me: "Louis, please come home. We can talk about this."
Me: "i know its hard but please come home. We all love you sooo much"
Me: "Niall and Harry are looking for their daddy and Liam needs our support right now. Please love x"

I wish he'd just come home. Hopefully he wasn't on the side of some street all night.
Then again, when i drove all over the town trying to find him he wasn't there.
I rubbed my hand over my face in exhaustion and plodded into the living room.
Liam was fast asleep on the couch, his face ashen and his eyes decorated with large black rings, much like my own. I covered him with a blanket and pressed a gentle kiss to his head while he slept quietly and went to the kitchen to make a few phone calls.

-------------------------

I didn't get through many calls before the baby monitor began to erupt with my youngest boys sobs. Sometimes he just constantly cries.
"Alright, thanks for your time mate, ill let you know if i find him. Bye Stan" i said before hanging up the phone with a sigh and trudging up the stairs to get harry out of his cot.
Because he was so young (and louis was terrified with him being premature) he still slept in our room so thankfully he didn't wake Niall.
As soon as i opened the door a horrid smell hit me. Harry had left me a little 'present' i think.
"Heeey, bubba. Hello Harry, did you do a little mess in your nappy babes?" I cooed as he calmed a little on hearing my voice.
"Come on love, we'll go get you all cleaned up" I kissed his wet cheeks as he was lifted up against my chest, nuzzling his head into my neck and grasping onto my T-shirt.
"Im sorry for giving you that milk last night darlin'. Papa didn't mean it" i soothed as i lay him down on the changing table and undid his nappy.
For someone so small he really made a right mess.
"Papa.." I heard about half way through wiping harry. I looked down at the head of dirty blonde hair below me and smiled quickly, going back to changing harry.
"Papa i wan some duice please"
"Give me a minute Niall, I'm a bit busy at the moment. I promise ill get you some juice in a while."
With that he toddled off to play with some toys or something.
Just as i was about to secure Harry's nappy i could hear my ring tone going off in my pocket.
"Sh*t" i murmured to myself and quickly finished up with harry, putting him against my chest as i answered the phone.

"Hello?"
"Hey Zayn, its Lottie"
"Oh hi Lottie"
"Im gonna make this quick because i was sworn not to tell but Louis arrived at my college dorm last night. Mum rang me and told me that you were looking for him so i said id let you know" she whispered into the phone. Lou was obviously close enough to her so.
"Really? Thats great! Ive rang just about anywhere i could think off. Ill be down later." I answered, feeling hopeful for the first time in the last couple of hours.
"Well its friday so I'm heading home for the weekend. Louis' coming too so you'll find us all at mums house"
"Great, thanks so much Lottie, you're a life saver"
"No problem, but whatever's wrong with him or whatever happened has him shaken up a bit so be careful."
"I will Lottie, see you later, bye!" And with that i hung up the phone and went to go find Liam. He'll have to watch Niall for a while. He might get a bit upset seeing louis.

----------------

Liam's POV

When i woke up i found myself on the couch with Harry's fluffy blanket wrapped around my body which was nice. But honestly, id rather dad be nagging me to do the washing or clean my room or something right now.
I never thought id ever say that. I guess i just miss him more than id anticipated.
As i woke up more i began to hear dad on the phone. "See you later, bye!" He sounded cheerful and normal while talking on the phone and but when he came into the room his appearance shocked me.
He looked like he hadn't slept in days, his hair was sticking up here, there and everywhere and he was wearing one of dads hoodies, which was at least 1 if not 2 sizes too small for him. He was a mess. Not to mention that he was still his pyjamas.
He never looked like this before.
"Hey Liam, sleep well?" He asked, his voice slightly raspy. It was obvious that he'd just had a cigarette but I'm not gonna mention anything for now.
"Not really.. You?"
"Same. I got a call from Lottie. Your dads with her so I'm gonna go down and sort things out. I need you to watch Niall, i can take harry with me."
"Yeah no problem just go bring him back" i stated rather excitedly.
"Ring Sophia to come over if you want. Might be handy to have a little bit of practice ya know?" Of course he'd have to bring that up. Typical papa.
"Alright, now go bring him home" i chided and was met with an eye-crinkling smile in return.
"Ill feed harry first but as soon as he's finished we'll be off to donnie" and with that he started to climb the stairs, up to Harry's room to feed him.
"Best of luck with that" i shouted playfully after him.
Then i took out my phone and sent a quick text to sophia.