Broke her heart

Violetta couldn't stop thinking about the way Leon looked at Bianca. She thought about it all the way home from the studio. She entered the house, and was welcomed by Olga and Ramallo arguing. So nothing's new, thought Vilu.

She walked into the kitchen, took a bagel out of the refrigerator and popped in the microwave oven. Why was he staring at her? Does he like her? She leaned against the counter and stared at he floor, twirling a lock of her hair around her finger. She was oblivious to the bleeping of the microwave oven. She snapped out of her daydream when she heard Ramallo shout “Personal space, Olga!” He walked into the kitchen with Olga behind him. She was complaining about how horrible Ramallo's coffee tasted.

“You two'll never stop, will you?” said Violetta with a small smile.

“Have you tried his coffee? It's so disgusting, it makes me want to throw up just thinking about it!” said Olga to Vilu, gagging.

“Oh please. Trust me Vilu, it's not as bad as she makes it sound.” said Ramallo defensively.

Violetta had gone back to staring at the floor again.

“What's the matter dear?” asked Olga.

“Nothing. I just-” Vilu began.

“Then why the long face?” Ramallo asked her.

“I-well-I'm just...tired, that's all.” she said.

“Here,” said Olga, taking the bagel out of the microwave oven, putting it on a plate and handing it to Violetta. “Eat something, then take a nap. You'll feel better.”

She took the plate, walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs into her room. Her cellphone beeped. It was a text from Leon.

LEON: Hey hey hey Vilu Vilu Vilu

VILU: What what what

LEON: Guess whaaaaaaat?

VILU: What happened?? :O

LEON: I SCORED A DATE WITH BIANCA, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!

Violetta froze. She read the text over and over and over, not wanting to process what she just saw. Her vision blurred because tears had welled up in her eyes. They dripped onto the screen, little, wet, mascara-y blobs of sadness. You should have known, Violetta thought. You should have realized he was out of your league. You should have known that he sees you only as a friend, a sister even. That Bianca girl swept him off his feet, and there's nothing you can do about it. Deal with it and move on. You can do it, girl, her conscience told her. She put her phone down and went into the bathroom. “You're a hot mess,” she said, looking at herself in the mirror. She splashed her face with cold water. She came out, when her phone beeped again, multiple times.

LEON: ...

LEON: Well?

LEON: Violettaaa?

LEON: ??

Violetta switched her phone off. She changed into her pajamas and cleaned off her makeup even though it was only 6:00 p.m. Picking up her laptop, she flopped on the bed and began watching The Fault In Our Stars. She was halfway through the movie when she heard a voice.

“Vilu!” said Angie.

“Angie!” said Vilu as she hugged her.

“You will not believe who just came.” Angie said.

“Who?” asked Vilu.

She heard the clicking of heels, and Vilu felt like her worst nightmares had come true. The woman walked in to the room. “Hello girls...”

The Guy I Once Knewजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें