Nice to meet you!

“Hey, don't I know you?” he asked.

“Leon? Is that you?” Violetta was shocked.

“Oh my gosh - Vilu? I don't believe this!” he exclaimed. He gave her a big hug.

“Me neither! After such a long time!” she replied, hugging back.

“What are you doing here? When did you come back? How are Mr. and Mrs.Castillo?” He bombarded her with questions.

“Woah there, slow down. I moved back here. Yesterday, actually. I'm here to apply for admission to the studio. My dad's fine, and my mom...well let's just say she's not here anymore.” she said.

“Wait, you mean like – Oh, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked,” He said, pulling her into another hug.

“No, its alright.” she replied.

“Hey Leon! Pablo's calling us- oh hello! Who are you?” asked a girl, also the same age as them. She had straight black hair that reached her shoulders.

“Oh Fran, this is Violetta. She was my best friend when I was younger. She's gonna enroll here,” said Leon.

“Hi Violetta! I'm Francesca, nice to meet you. Welcome to the studio!” said the girl, cheerily.

“Thank you!” Vilu replied.

“Leon! Dude, I just composed a sick tune for a song, check it out!” said a boy coming out of a nearby room. He wore a colorful hoodie and had a baseball cap on.

“Violetta, this is my buddy Maxi, and Maxi, this is my friend Violetta. She's here to apply to the studio.” said Leon.

“Hey, it's nice to meet you!” said Vilu.

“Pleasure's all mine, m'lady,” he joked, bowing low. Violetta laughed.

“Francesca, where the heck did you go? I've been looking everywhere for you!” said another girl who was approaching them. She had long red hair.

“Camila, Violetta. Violetta, Camila. Gosh, I'm already tired of introductions.” said Leon, exhausted.

“Well, you'd better be ready, because you have to introduce her to you-know-who. And I don't think she gonna be too happy,” said Camila. “Oh great. Here she comes.”

A girl with brown hair walked up to them. “Hey guys! Who's the new girl?” she said.

Leon groaned. “Okay. Lara, this is Violetta. She's an old friend. Violetta, this is Lara. She's my...girlfriend.”

Violetta's smile faltered on the last line. Girlfriend?