77- a daydream away

a day dream away - all time low

+

c a l u m

It doesn't matter when we get back to doing what we do, cause right now could last forever as long as I'm with you

It was chilly, the air crisp with falling leaves and the occasional wisp of the fall breeze. It didn't bother me though, I was comfortable wrapped in Calum's maroon hoodie and his beanie that I picked off the top of his head only minutes before.

The aluminum wind chimes clanked together through the wind, and the squeaking of old rusty bars of the swing set swaying back and forth was the only thing to be heard on that gloomy day. Big gray clouds scattered across the sky, and no one seemed to be out. Not some kids squealing and playing around in the fronts of yards, no bicycle bells ringing. Nothing but the sound of nature itself.

My hands were in tight fists around the galvanized chain of the swing as I looked over at Calum, his olive skin seeming to be the only color in the blank canvas around us.

His hair was in puffs all around his head, due to me taking his hat, and his plump lips were out in a pout as he slowly rocked back in forth in the old swing that I had owned for so long.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, speaking for the first time in what seemed to be hours. It wasn't uncomfortable though, it was actually quite nice.
He turned his head, those deep brown eyes lighting up when they met my own. His lips turned up in a smile, and he shrugged his shoulders, the material of his jacket making a quiet noise.

"Why do you ask?"

I mimicked his movements, taking my hands off the chains and letting them fold in my lap. Things had been sensitive between Calum and I. Mostly because he seemed to be gone all the time, and we lost contact with each other because we were both always busy. I was worried about where each of us would end up, because at the moment, I felt like we were drifting apart, and it hurt, so much. I wanted to mend us closer as we once were, but it seemed impossible. We were like strangers now.

A warm hand wrapped itself around my thigh and I looked up at him, a comforting smile on his face as he gave my leg a reassuring squeeze. "You know, I really like being out here with you." he said quietly.

I smiled, as I always did when I was around Calum. "We're not really doing anything." We're not even talking.

"That doesn't mean I don't enjoy your company. I just like being with you."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him, kicking his feet that were buried in the dirt. He laughed, returning my action with a kick to my butt from underneath the padded seat of the swing.

"Ow! Listen you little punk-"
Calum was already to his feet now, coming around to stand in front of me, pressing his forehead to mine while his arms supported his weigh from holding onto the swings chains.

"I'm not little," he pouted. "I'm very muscular. I can pick up entire human beings." he pulled me off the swing then, and I squealed as his fingertips brushed against my sides. I instinctively wrapped my legs around his waist, burrowing my hands in hair and clinging to his warm body, afraid that he would drop me even as he bragged about his strenght,

Calum didn't take me anywhere, instead, he just turned around and plopped back down on the swing, only this time I was hooked on his lap, looking down at his cheeky smiles and rosy cheeks

"I love this. I love us." he mumbled as I cupped my hands around his face, rubbing his smooth skin with the pads of my fingers.

"I love sitting around
your living room playing Uno for hours on end. And I love when try to bake something, and it always ends up a mess and we have to feed it to the dog. I love it when your really tired and grumpy, and the only way I can get your attention is if I play with your hair. I love you, and when I'm with you, I don't care about anything else. I just want to be with you, no matter what we do. As long as I can see that pretty smile," Calum's arms left my hips and came up to poke my cheeks, making me laugh.