Chapter 24

That evening was a special one because it had two of Sharanya's most favourite things: thunderstorms and her family. Although she would've been frustrated due to the power cut otherwise, she wasn't as she had her family with her.

"Why do power cuts even have to happen?" Akansha whined.

"Ikr! There's nothing good about thunderstorms and power cuts!" Aditya added.

"Guys, stop overacting. Everything is good about them! We get to sit and talk talk, not 'chat talk'," Sharanya explained.

"We can't even see anything!" Aditya argued as he followed Sharanya to the terrace.

Sneha came in with a few candles and lit them around the terrace. "These were literally the best times of our childhood. Unlike you kids, spoilt by electricity."

"Exactly! Have you never got together with family and actually talked about anything and everything under the sky, while sitting under the sky?"

"No, he never did. Idiot, would always make some or the other excuse," Akash answered instead of Aditya.

"Well then, now is the perfect time! Let's play truth or truth," Amrita commanded before going in to a water bottle.

Just as Amrita came back with the bottle, the maid came in to inform that there were some guests at the door.

"I'll go check, you kids continue," Sneha said and left.

The first question was for Ashish, but before Amrita could ask him, Sneha called the Geetha, Manish, Akansha, and Vaibhav downstairs to meet the relatives who had come over.

Once they left, Aditya sighed and said, "I thought we couldn't go into embarrassing questions, but guess not now."

"OK, Ashish anna, who would you sit next to on a 12 hour flight, and why?" Amrita asked.

"Simple, he'd sit next to Anju," Akash answered.

"No, brother-in-law. I'd choose you," Ashish said, leaving Akash completely baffled. "And Adi, cuz it's gonna be our guy gang trip to Abu Dhabi as part of Sharu's celebratory treat for Tere Liye's huge success."

"Which I never agreed to..." Sharanya added and spun the bottle again. This time, the question was for Aditya.

Meghana cleared her throat and rubbed her hands with a glint of mischief in her eyes. "OK Adi, tough one. Would you ever kiss your best friend?"

Sneaking a glance at Sharanya, Aditya said, "yeah, absolutely! Why not?"

"Prove it," Meghana said with an evil smirk on her face. Suddenly, Sharanya felt her hand in Aditya's hand. As her eyes met Aditya's and he kissed the top of her hand, her mind had almost tuned out everyone around them.

"Aww! You guys are so cute," Amrita gushed as she spun the bottle. This time, it landed on Sharanya.

"Me next! Shar, who was your first kiss?" Amrita asked before anyone else could.

Glancing at Aditya for a split second, Sharanya quickly replied, "Ammi, I don't kiss and tell..."

While everyone laughed at this, Sharanya felt very embarrassed but her chance of teasing Amrita had come as the bottle had stopped at Amrita. "Yes, Miss Amrita. What are your views on love?"

Thinking for a second, Amrita answered, "love is a dream which doesn't always become reality. It is a flower that never dies; a smell that never leaves the air around you. Love happens once and can never be forgotten! If your love is right, then you keep growing and being successful and happy. If it isn't, you can't help but keep going down."