Private House

Sam's POV

Colby smiled as he took my hand and he sighed softly.

"I can't believe I'm letting you get involved in all of this." I laughed softly and sighed. 

"You act like I haven't done this before, but I helped them get started, and I was one of Mara's first rookies." I said proudly as I smiled and Colby shook his head.

"One of these days you're gonna have to tell me that story."

"Oh I will. One day." I said as I smiled and kissed his cheek as he lead me down the hall to  doorway. "Where are we going?" 

"There's something I want to show you." Colby said as he smiled and opened the door, leading me up the flight of stairs. I followed him curiously as he held my hand and we walked up the spiral stairs before he pushed a door open and we walked into a living room. A bunch of people were laughing and walking around, some I recognized and others I didn't, but the instant the door closed behind me and everyone turned they all seemed to know who I was. And then i saw someone I didn't think i was ever gonna see again. 

"Holy shit." He said laughing as he walked toward us with a smile. "If it isn't the Shadow. I thought you dipped once your friend was feeling better"

"What's up Kenny? And I did dip, until my friend" I said motioning to Colby "decided he wanted to join the Snakes himself." Kenny looked over at Colby and smiled, putting the pieces together. 

"Now it all makes sense. I'm glad you convinced him to let you come back. And I'm guessing you'll be staying with him in his own personal house out back" Kenny said as he smiled and I turned to him. 

"Well clearly Lucas and Trent like you. They don't give Private houses to just anybody." I said as I looked up at him and he laughed. 

"i think you helped with that. Trent knew who i was when i walked through the door. Apparently you used to talk about me a lot when you were hanging out with them." I smiled and blushed a little as I looked at him and drew circles on the back of his hand. 

"Does that really surprise you?" 

"Not at all." He said as he kissed his forehead. Kenny smiled as he looked at the two of them 

"Well I should probably let him give you your tour, since some things have changed over the years. But it was good to see you again, and I'm glad your back." I smiled and hugged him as I nodded.

"It's good to see you too, and we'll catch up later I promise." Then I let Colby lead be out to the stone path that lead to all of the private houses and I smiled as I leaned close to him. "So this is what five years lead you to?" I asked and Colby looked at me.

"Yep, after feeling like an ass and completely lost this was my safest option, and then I could still keep an eye on you." I smiled and sighed as I leaned into him and we walked up to a two story house with a back door. 

"That's fair." I said as I smiled and he opened the door and lead me inside. And when we walked inside my eyes widened a little. It looked absolutely beautiful. The walls were all a light grey, the kitchen had dark wood for its cabinets and base, with black counter tops. He even had an island in the kitchen. Then the living room had a beautiful soft burgundy couch and a flat screen TV with a PS4 and a massive grey beanbag. Then there was his office. Inside it was lighter, with a white desk and a high end three screen desk top with a black office chair. he had a small grey couch and his camera was set up on the tripod, but he clearly hadn't used it in the time he's been here. "Wow" I breathed. "This looks incredible" Colby smiled and gently kissed my cheek. 

"Oh just wait until you see upstairs." He said as he smiled and I looked up at him curious, and for the first time in five years I started to feel a little small. He saw the look in my eyes as he picked me up and held me close. "How long has it been little one?" 

"Since you left." I whispered as I nuzzled close to him and he carried me up the stairs. 

"Princess, that couldn't have been good for you." he said softly and I shrugged.

"Well it's over now and I'm here with you." I said and he hummed in agreement as he carried me to the landing which was instantly an old arcade and my eyes widened. "You have your own arcade?!" I asked shocked and he laughed softly as he set me down. 

"Yep, I think i have a lot up here that will surprise you. Trent and Lucas went all out when they gave this to me." I smiled as I started to look around and there were so many doors, I didn't know where to go first. I decided I would go through the burgundy door first, and it opened up to a master bedroom, and I stopped in the doorway in shock. There was a massive TV that was hooked up to a laptop, which was facing the massive bed, which looked like a hole house on its own. There was also another beanbag chair, and as I started to walk around I realized there were posters from our tours and pictures of us and the bands we would listen to scattered along the walls. It made my heart melt to know he was still thinking of me even when he wasn't there with me. Then I turned and saw there was a bathroom connected to the bedroom and I walked inside curiously just to be greeted by the most beautiful master bathroom ever. There was two sinks in front of a ginormous mirror, a high end touch screen controlled shower, a touch screen controlled circular bath, two walk in closets and a toilet that was in a little box of its own. Attached to the bathroom was a balcony that had a jacuzzi on it, and it looked out into the massive forest that stretched out past the houses. 

"Woah." I breathed as I walked out "This is all so beautiful." 

"I know. I couldn't believe it when they handed me the key, but this is really ours." He said as he was standing in the doorway. "And there's one more thing I want to show you" He said as he held his hand out to me. I walked over to him and took is as I smiled and he lead me out of the room and toward a simple pastel blue door. I looked at him confused and he motioned for me to open it. I carefully pushed the door opened and walked inside for my eyes to instantly be filled with tears. It was the biggest little space room I had ever seen. There was a closet that was connected to a touch pad so I could choose whatever outfit I wanted, three massive glass cupboards, one with bottles, one with stuffies and one with pacis, and a beautiful crib that had a soft light blue blanket inside, along with Mr. Whiskers and baby Winnie the Pooh.

"They....They made this for you? A better version of my little room?" I asked as I looked at him and he knelt in front of me and smiled as he wiped some of my tears away. 

"They hoped you were coming back, they knew how much I missed you and they were planning on me bringing you back." He said and I melted into him as I burst into tears, all the longing and pain and confusion crashing over me and washing away at the same time. He had kept it, he held onto that hope for the five years we were apart. He thought of me and watched me and continued to love me. And I couldn't be happier. He held me close in his arms as he rubbed my back and hummed as he smiled and I could feel him relax. He was obviously nervous about showing this to me, but whatever fears he had had were gone. We sat like that for about half an hour until I calmed down and he smiled as he looked at me and wiped my tears away. 

"You're gonna keep your promise?" I asked softly as I looked at him and he nodded. 

"If you'll let me." I instantly reached into my pocket and held out the ring he had left with me. He looked at in surprised before putting it on and gently kissing my forehead as he sighed. 

"You're not allowed to leave me like that ever again." 

"I won't princess, I promise" He said and then his watch buzzed and he smiled. "Trent's here, are you ready to go see him?" He asked and I nodded as I smiled happily as I sighed and wiped away my last tears. Colby stood and helped me up as I smiled and held his hand as he lead me back to the living room, but instead of going out the front door he lead me to one hidden in his office. "This door leads back to the warehouse so we don't have to constantly walk through the crowded house to get to work and meetings and such." He said as he smiled, and he lead me back to the warehouse where Trent and Lucas were waiting. 

A/N: Hi Guys!!!!! I'm so sorry it's been forever since I've added to this story. I had just refreshed myself on the book today and finally had the inspiration I needed. I hope the extra long chapter makes up for my absence and I love all of you!!