The silver ring

Sams POV

Colby was watching over me but he also still seemed really distant which made me nervous. Did I hurt him that bad? Was I going to lose him? For the last three weeks I was spending time worrying or crying unless I was asleep in his arms. It was the one time I felt like he cared. Right now I was sitting on the bed running my fingers through my hair while being snuggled in his hoodie with tears in my eyes. As I was sitting there and trying not to cry when Colby opened the door. 

"Hey....are you okay baby?" He asked looking at me concerned as he knelt in front of me, the smile he had faded. I quickly rubbed my eyes and forced a smile.

"Yea I'm good. What's up?"

"Come here" He said as he pulled me close to him and pulled the hood on my head which makes me smile a tiny bit for real. I rested my head on his shoulder and had my arms wrapped around him as I closed my eyes. He rubbed my back before standing up and carried me downstairs. I hid my face in the crook of his neck not wanting to deal with anything except being with him. He laughed softly and held me close to him before he set me in a chair. I whined softly as I looked but stopped mid whine when I saw the pancakes and bacon in front of me.

"You made me breakfast? You didn't have to do that."

"So? I wanted to. You've been through a lot as it is." He said as he kissed my cheek softly and smiled. I blushed a little and started eating.

"Thank you" I said my voice getting a little higher as I smiled.

"Of course princess. Oh and we are going on an adventure after breakfast" I shot my head up with bacon hanging out of my mouth and was met with a camera. The two of us started laughing and I pulled a piece of the bacon off.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise silly" I smiled wide and giggled.

"Yay!" I started eating faster as he set the camera down.

"Be careful baby I don't want you choking" he said as he sat across to me. I slowed down a little and looked up at him.

"Sorry daddy."

"It's okay baby." When I finished my breakfast which was incredible, Colby grabbed two backpacks and handed one to me before grabbing my hand and led me out the door. I giggled and kept close to him. I didn't know why he was doing all of this but I was trying not to think about the fact that he may somehow make me look like a terrible person so that when he ditched me his fans would hate me not him. He set me in the passenger seat and kissed me softly and I smiled. He looked at me with soft eyes and I saw concern instantly fill his face.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked as he held my face in his hands.

"Nothing I'm fine" I lied and he clearly didn't buy it.

"We don't have to talk about it right now but you should talk about it." He said before kissing me again. I nodded and sat in the car as he closed the door and hopped in the driver seat. I started playing with my hands and he grabbed my hand and held it in his. I looked over at him and slowly examined his face, preparing myself for leaving it. For not having him again. Ever. He drove for hours and many times I tried not to cry. I didn't want to loose him, but I screwed up and I deserved it. When he pulled over he grabbed both of my hands and made me look at him.

"Okay What is it? You've been trying not to cry this entire drive. What's wrong?"

"It's....Its fine I don't want to ruin anything more than I already have"

"Babe what are you talking about? You haven't ruined anything"

"Really? Because this is basically your way of making me look bad somehow so that when you dump me your fans don't hate you." He looked at me stunned and I looked down at my lap with tears starting to run down my face.

"You really think I'm trying to get rid of you?"

"Why wouldn't you? You've been acting so distant and I ruined everything. All because I couldn't think straight. Or believe you"  Sam I started to cry and he quickly pulled me into his lap after sliding the seat all the way back and he held me close.

"Baby shhhh baby I would never ever do that to you. I've been distant yes, but not because I'm upset at you or because I don't love you. I've been setting up this surprise for the past three weeks. I didn't mean to hurt you baby or make you think I didn't love you. I would never ever want you to think that." I cried quietly into his chest and he kissed the side of my head as he rubbed my back and slowly started to get me to calm down. After 20 minutes of soothing me he wiped my tears away and made me look at him. "Feel better?" I nodded and he smiled kissing me softly. "Now come on. I even found a place to explore after" I smiled and my eyes lit up as he picked me up while climbing out of the car. He grabbed the camera and turned it on as he carried me down the road.

"So you're not gonna tell me but you're going to carry me?" I asked with a smile and he nodded with a big grin before looking at the camera.

"I know you guys have all heard me talk about this big video for weeks and don't really know anything about it except what the plan for it is and honestly I'm really proud with how it turned out. Are you ready sammy?" He asked me and I nodded. He gently set me on the ground and took my hand as he lead me down a dirt path that lead right to this massive opening and my jaw dropped. The light was still rising and filtering through the trees casting a beautiful light on the clearing and there was a blanket surrounded by the flowers in the meadow. There were also little fairy lights that were strung around the flowers making it look like there were little fireflies floating among the flowers. I looked back at Colby who smiled as he pulled me close and lead me to the blanket and turned the camera off. We laid in the flowers for hours just listening to the birds and the sound of the wind blowing through the trees as I curled into Colby with a soft smile and a sigh. Then he slowly sat up and brought me with him.

"So there's a reason I brought you out here, and why I've been planing it for three weeks" he spoke softly as he pulled off one of his rings. "And I know you've been through so much shit but I wanted to make a promise to you." He took my hand in his and looked at me with bright eyes. "You and I have been through a lot together, and I know you've been way more shit than I have but I want you to know I love you. No matter what. I would never ever do anything to hurt you and I want you in the rest of my life. And this ring, this promise, is that I will marry you in a few years. And I promise to protect you from everything. Will you accept my promise?" I looked at him in shock and I smiled wide before I grabbed his jaw and kissed him sweetly. He smiled as he kissed me back and sighed happily.

"I love you so much. And I do accept your promise." He smiled wide and slipped his ring on my finger and rested his forehead against mine.

"Good. And I love you more." I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back and held me close to him. This was perfect and he did all of this for me and we got to explore together tonight and I couldn't wait.