Chapter 45

The sound of your footsteps frantically picking up speed must have alerted him of your presence.

Just as you reached the threshold of the private dining area he spun around to face you.

With tears welling up in his eyes and a boxy smile brighter than the sun, Taehyung ran to you.

Like something straight out of a movie, he wasted no time enveloping you into his arms, picking you up so he could twirl you around.

Everything was happening so fast that you couldn't tell if you were laughing or crying, or perhaps even both at the same time.

But you didn't care, the intense and overwhelming feeling of him was everything and all of what you needed.

All of what you'll ever need.

"Jagiya, oh my god Jagiya I'm so sorry, I love you, I love you" He mumbled into your hair repeatedly.

You didn't want to let go of him, through his whispered chants in your ear all you could do was listen as tears began falling down your cheeks.

"Taehyung I-"

"Please forgive me!" He interrupted, his arms snaking tighter around you, "I'm so sorry I'll explain everything!"

"Taehyung!" You snapped playfully, pulling back so you could look him properly in the eyes.

You nearly choked when you finally saw his face up close.

It had been so long that you had almost forgotten how absolutely stunning he was.

Every single inch of his perfection made you wish you could take back any doubts you ever had.

"I love you" You blurted out, your cheeks flushing as soon as you said it.

You could feel the weight lift from your shoulders immediately, all the nights you had cursed yourself for not saying it sooner washed away in a single moment.

As he quickly processed your words an indescribable look crossed his face, like a flawless mixture of happiness, bliss, and love.

"Finally" He breathed out, as soft as a whisper.

His smile grew even brighter, as if that was even possible.

You let yourself melt into him once more, needing to feel him again just to make sure you weren't dreaming.

"Pinch me," you muffled under your breath, needing any kind of confirmation that this was actually happening. 

That you weren't just dreaming.

Taehyung gently lifted your chin up with one hand to lock his eyes with yours, his other hand reaching up to your cheek so he could softly squeeze it.

Silence quickly filled the air as he continued to stare right into your soul, his playful expression being replaced by something a little more intense.

"Why are you here?" you finally let out, breaking the silence between you both.

You had relapsed quickly on the idea that this might be too good to be true, secretly terrified of the chance of him leaving again.

He let out a small laugh, tucking a stray strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Jagiya, I came back for you of course" He cooed.

"H-ho- but why did you leave?" You blurted, unable to stop the backlog of questions from flooding out.

You had dreamed of this moment almost every night for the last 6 months, the ache in your heart from being without him for so long made you desperate for answers.