Chapter 9

As you guided him to the small beach at the end of the path you sat him down in the sand, getting comfortable beside him before rubbing circles on his back hoping to comfort him a little.

"Thanks Y/N" he said after a few minutes, seeming to have gained a bit of control back, "Sorry about that."

You kept your hand on his back, "Why did you drink so much?"

He shook his head and laughed, "Honest mistake, I don't drink often so I had no idea how much I could handle. Besides, you make me nervous"

You scoffed, "So this is my fault?"

"No. Its mine. Because I keep imaging you as the mermaid from my dreams even though you've told me it wasn't you" he said, dropping his head into his hands.

You groaned and lent back onto your hands, rolling your head back to look at the stars.

"Don't tell me you don't feel it too." He said, voice muffled from his hands.

"Feel what Tae" you asked, knowing all too well what he was about to say.

"The feeling. When you're near me I feel all happy and warm and whenever you're gone I just feel cold and empty. Tell me you feel it too." His voice was clearer now, you hadn't realized he had sat up again, and was leaning over you.

You looked up and got caught in his gaze. The way he was looking at you, eyes searching yours for answers to questions you weren't sure you could give him.

But maybe, just maybe it would be okay to give him this.

"I feel it too" you breathed out, barely above a whisper.

Taehyung was moving towards you before you realized what was happening, you could feel his breath on your lips. The smell of breath mints and wine intoxicating you.

"Y/N! Tae! Where are you!?" Hoseok's voice pulling you both out of your trance.

Taehyung sat up as you quickly got to your feet.

"Over here!" You called, offering a hand out to Tae who happily took it.

When you were both on your feet you made your way over the the group, they were all making their way down the path towards the dock. You hadn't noticed the slightly larger boat that had replaced the one you came here on.

"Ready to party?" Jin asked, passing you with a wink before racing Yoongi down the dock.

You followed up after them, trying to ignore the pounding in your chest from your almost kiss with Taehyung.

-------

A few hours into the party, you found yourself being twirled around the small dance floor by Hoseok. He had insisted on teaching you how to dance despite your protests.

Jimin was behind the DJ booth with Namjoon, having kicked out the Hotels hired DJ only a few minutes after arriving on board.

When you had finally had enough twirling you excused yourself from Hoseok and plopped yourself down on the sofa next to Yoongi, who was sleeping peacefully again.

"Hey Y/N," came a voice from beside you, you hadn't noticed Jimin taking the seat beside you.

"I hope Hoseok didn't wear you out" he joked, nudging your shoulder.

"Not at all," you replied, grinning at him,"are you having fun?"

He nodded at you, "Of course I am, I'm so happy I met you" he finished, resting his head on your shoulder.

You settled back into the sofa letting him keep his head there as you leant onto him as well, feeling tired after all the dancing.

"Me too Jiminie, me too" you said, how tired you were starting to taking over you the more comfortable you got.