Chapter 34

The next two days after your island snorkeling adventure was nothing short of pure bliss.

Taehyung had found a new love for the ocean, and in particular, being towed around in it by you.

It was like something out of a fairy-tale, exploring and swimming together, spending the nights wrapped in each others arms.

So this is what it's like, huh?

To be in love.

Speaking of which, you hadn't actually said those words back to him yet, which was one thing that was wracking your brain the last however many days you'd spent together now.

You'd tried to find the right moment, having it on the tip of your tongue on more than one occasion, but it just didn't seem like the right time.

Either Jimin was around or you'd just get too nervous and back down.

What was there to be afraid of?

He's already said it, I already know how he feels about me.

The feeling of falling deeper and deeper in love with someone every single second was terrifying, you felt yourself quickly moving into uncharted waters.

Having your heart out there in the open like this, letting the opportunity to be hurt fall into the hands of someone you didn't even know a few weeks ago?

... you didn't even want to think about it.

The day was drawing to an end and you were sat on the beach behind your house with Tae, watching him watch the sunset go down.

The warmth you felt being near him made you feel so comforted and safe, a smile graced your lips as you studied him carefully.

The brilliance of the sky during this time on the island wasn't lost on you, but Taehyung was so much better to look at.

As if he was carved by the Gods themselves, every crevice, every inch of him was perfection.

 You wanted to smack yourself for cutting yourself off from the world these last two years

"What?"

Surprised by the sudden intrusion of Taehyung's deep silky voice, your cheeks instantly turned red.

"N-Nothing" You stammered, letting your hair fall down across your face as you pretended to watch the sunset with him.

"You were staring at me again weren't you?"

Shit

"N-No, I was just.."

Oh good job, Y/N.

Brilliant quick-thinking.

Taehyung smiled at you, leaning in so he could press a small kiss to your forehead.