Chapter 8

You stood up and went to the cashier, taking out your wallet.

"Oh it was taken care of Y/N," Jae-eun yelled from the kitchen door beside the cashier, "that handsome boy you were with paid it on his way back from the bathroom"

You smiled at that, the boys seriously were so nice to you, you couldn't understand why.

You thanked her before you turned around and walked out into the blazing heat of the afternoon sun.

You decided that a swim was in order as you realized you had left yourself without plans in an attempt to get out of Taehyung's presence.

You didn't want to get away because you didn't like him, you wanted to get away because you were terrified he was going to eventually figure out you were the mermaid on the beach.

You shook your head, trying to toss the thoughts from your mind as you squeezed through the rocks to your own private area of beach, pulling your dress over your head.

You stuffed it into your bag and dove into the tide, sighing in relief as the tingling in your feet brought your tail along behind it.

You propelled yourself forward with as much speed as possible before diving down to the ocean floor. You swam along the bottom admiring the brightly colored fish that skittered and swam past you as you went by. You came to a stop just in front of a private island that you knew contained an underwater pool.

You had been in search of a grotto like the one you found the night you turned into a mermaid. You dreamed of swimming back there one day to bask in the shimmer of the mooonlight bouncing off the crystals, the feeling it gave you thinking about it making you sigh in longing.

You swam through the underwater tunnel-like passage and came up into the crystal clear blue pool.

You surfaced and rested your back against the smooth rocks on the far side, kicking your finns around in the water.

You had no idea what you were going to do about the trip tomorrow.

The more time you spent around Taehyung the closer you got to telling him your secret, even though you had only really had one conversation with him.

The boat party, however, was making you the most nervous so you went over your own set rules in your head.

You didn't notice how dark your little oasis got until you heard owls outside through the opening in the rocks.

Shit, you thought, you really wanted to get to bed early tonight.

You swam back to your home in record time, bounding up to your porch and through the door walking directly to your room and crashing into your bed.

-----

The next morning you were awoken by the sound of your alarm. You forgot you had set it so the sound startled you so much you nearly fell out of the bed.

3:00pm, how had you slept so late?

After showering and getting your things together you groggily made your way downstairs, flipping on the coffee machine.

You had picked out the only other fancy attire you owned, a midnight blue dress that had spaghetti thin straps, it dippped in V shape at the front and hung loosely about 5 inches from your knees.

You had opted for a pair of cork colored wedges today instead of your usual choice of sandals and flat shoes. Why not try to look nice for a change?

You hair flowed down your back in loose waves which you liked to think didn't make it look like you tried too hard.

When you had finished making your coffee you walked over to your couch, sinking into it with a sigh before taking a sip.