Chapter 28

Taehyung POV - 15 Hours Later

Scrolling through his and Y/N's chat screen for the hundredth time that day, Taehyung still couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

She's acting so strange...

Does she not like me anymore?

Swallowing the lump forming in his throat he read through their morning conversation one last time, hoping it would somehow unveil a hidden clue.

[7:36] Taehyung: Good morning Jagiya! ❤️

[7:37] Taehyung: How did you sleep? :)

[8:23] Y/N: Fine.

[8:25] Taehyung: I was wondering if you were free today? Jimin, Jungkook and I want to go for a drive around the island!

[9:01] Y/N: I'm super busy today... sorry

[9:03] Taehyung: Oh! Okay! Maybe tomorrow??

[9:27] Y/N: Sorry, busy then too.

[9:28] Taehyung: Y/N... did I do something wrong? Are you upset with me?

[10:15] Y/N: Nope, everything's fine darling :)

Darling?

Who even calls anyone darling anymore?

I mean not unless you're middle aged...

Taehyung switched his phone screen off, tossing it onto the couch beside him.

"What's up?" Jimin's cheery voice came suddenly, followed by a not-so-graceful landing on the seat next to him.

"It's Y/N.. her messages they're just... ugh" He groaned, throwing his head back in frustration.

"They seem off, right?"

Wait, what?

Jimin's sudden understanding of the situation sparking a bit of life back into the boy as he quickly straightened up in his seat.

"You mean she's acting strange for you too?"

"Definitely. It's like... Invasion of the Body Snatchers, she doesn't even sound like her.." Jimin trailed off, shuddering at the thought of Y/N being controlled by a scary alien.

"She called me darling." Taehyung chimed in, scoffing at how much more ridiculous it sounded out loud.

"Let's go swing by her place! I mean... it's what friends would do right? Because we're worried about her?" Jimin asked timidly, unsure if it was a strange idea or not.

Taehyung piped up without a hint hesitation, "I'm in!"

Not even ten minutes later and the two boys were dragging a confused Jungkook out the front doors of the suite, practically sprinting the minute the elevator reached ground level.

"Guys seriously! Why are we in such a rush!" Jungkook asked again, this time with annoyance clear in his tone.

"We'll explain in the car! Now hurry up!" Jimin shouted back as he darted into the parking garage.

"You know we have valet here right?!" Jungkook confusingly shouted back.

"No time!!!!" Taehyung answered, picking up his pace as Jimin disappeared around the corner.

The two boys briefly explained the situation to Jungkook as they directed him towards Y/N's house, encouraging him to speed down the empty road.

"I can't speed! I just got my license!" He complained, second-hand anxiety now clearly affecting him.